Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Blaugust: Come for the daily posts, stay for the good vibes!

Well look at the date. It's August first, and that can only mean one thing: it's Blaugust season! I went ahead and signed myself up for this month of blogging extravaganza-ness, and guess what? I'm completely unprepared for it, but at this point it's a Friendly Necromancer tradition, so LET'S DO THIS!

Here we go!

I've been mulling over what I might write about during this month, and while I didn't have any major big ideas or themes that came to me, I do have a a few ideas:
  • First, there's a few more games to add to my Game Portfolio that I didn't write about last year. 
  • Next, I am playing quite a bit of Diablo IV lately, so I'm sure I'll make several posts about the game.
  • Then, Team Spode is playing every Sunday night in Guild Wars 2, so that could come up.
  • Of course, President Obama's and my birthday always happen on August 4th, so I'll be reflecting on my 51st year of life.
  • Also, I'm still playing quite a bit of VR, and I have several games in my Steam library left to play.
  • Finally, my social media life is a mess (thanks, Elon), but I have an interesting substitution I've been thinking about. I think I could even talk about that . . .
So there you go. I'm sure I'll be able to come up with something daily. I can't promise the best quality or the longest posts, but I'm here and ready to read and write with you all! I'm staking my reputation on it.

Me, staking my reputation on it. (Love these Diablo "Look" views btw)

In preparation for this upcoming month, I went back and read through my old 2022 Blaugust posts and had a really good trip down memory lane. There's some good vibes there, and I suppose that's mostly what this blog is for me (and hopefully for you too)

Sure, this little blog was the catalyst for me entering the video game industry back in 2012, but now I keep writing out of the sheer love of games. I hope you feel that when you read my posts. Blaugust is a good time and vibing with other bloggers is what it's all about.

Thanks for reading and as always . . .

Happy Dueling!

2 comments:

Tipa said...

Holy crud, you've been in the gaming industry for over a decade now? Dang. I remember when it was just a crazy dream of yours :-)

BTW, lying to your captcha. I AM a robot, but please don't tell anyone.

Stingite said...

Give me 5 years and I'll have been in the gaming industry longer than the US war defense industry! ;)

PROVE, PROVE, PROVE! PROVE TO ME YOU AREN'T A ROBOT! (if you haven't seen that John Mulaney skit, it's well worth your time)