Friday, August 11, 2023

Starting a Garden in Palia -- p.s. I love Einar

 Last night I was excited to get back to Palia and give it a good hour of play time. 

m'kay . . . that's a lot of Palians

And with that I was back to Diablo 4! I spent some quality time grinding helltides and managed to finish off my seasons battle pass. Good fun.

And then I decided to try and log in to Palia again.

m'kay . . . still a lot of Palians

And then I went to bed.

As it turns out the best time for me to actually play Palia instead of stare at a waiting screen is six in the morning! I logged on this morning while all the other Palians were asleep and picked up where I left off, which happened to be Gardening! Gardening seems simple enough. It all starts with clearing a spot and putting down a couple gardening plots.

Right there in the corner looks good for a garden

Then you use your gardening hoe while moving around to color in squares of tilled land over the top of those gardening plots. When you finish, you'll have some nice dark squares over your garden plots. Next up is planting the seeds. Not much to it. Our resident bad joke teller, Badruu gives you some carrots and onion seeds to grow.

Sigh . . . this guy is the worst, but thanks for the seeds!

Once your seeds are in the soil, you'll see some mysterious semi-circle bars over the top of them. That's because they need water. It took me a bit to figure out that I had a watering can in my R tools inventory, but as soon as I figured that out, I ran to the body of water in the corner of my own private Idaho and clicked to dip my can into the water.

Put water can in water, check!

Back to the plot of land, it was as easy as pointing my watering can over the veggies and filling up that semi-circle bar above them.

Watering the squares, check!

Easy as that, my garden was started! After that I went and did a few more quests and found the new love of my life, the zen robot fisherman. I love him.

I love Einar . . . I need him to follow me around and make cute comments all day long

Anyway, when I got back to my house, my seeds had grown into seedlings and needed another good round of watering.

Water seedlings, check!

After this I logged off and went to make myself some breakfast and play with the cats. When I returned to Palia, my seedlings had turned into young plants and required yet again another round of watering.

water young plants, check!

After about an hour had past, I returned to my garden and lo and behold I had some carrots ready to harvest; however, my onions needed a bit more water and time.  Some plants just appear to be more needy than others with a longer harvest cycle.

Harvest carrots, check! Re-water onions, check!

It seems pretty simple and not too bad! Now to work on cooking so I have something to make with those brand new vegetables.

Happy dueling!

No comments: