Thursday, August 17, 2023

Level 8 -- Finding new Fish in Bahari Bay

It's been yet another busy day. If you haven't noticed, my Blaugust posting schedule seems to have shifted to evenings instead of mornings, but I'm still hanging in there!

Tonight's fun in Palia came from a trip over to Bahari Bay, the second world environment in Palia. My original goal was simply to harvest that sweet sweet heartwood from the pine trees there, which I did, but while I was there, I started to see new fishing nodes all over the beach area at the eastern edge of the map. For finding a new fish, the game gives you a little UI text that lets you know that you've found a fish you've never fished up before and +5 renown. Woo hoo! Gimmie that sweet sweet renown.

What else I know is that different times of day will bring you different varieties of fish. The easiest example of that is how you can only really find a Silver Salmon at night in Kilmar's lakes (coincidentally, it's what Einar wants me to give him as a gift this week).  So, I plan on heading back to Bahari Bay later to see what else I can find.

Today's new-in-stock haul was as follows:

The Bahari Bream!

It's pink!

The Bluefin Tuna!

It's Big! And Blue!

The Bahari Bass

Doesn't play the bass guitar!

The Sardine

The saltiest of pizza fish!

The Barracuda

As originally sung by Heart!

. . . and The Rosy Bitterling

Why bitter? Because every rose has its thorn!

By the end of the fishing fest I had reached level 8 in fishing and Einar called me back to let me know he had a new Tuning Fork available in his shop for me, which helps me find fishing nodes for 15 minutes all for the low low price of . . . 2500 gold?! I have so many things to buy . . . guess I need to start selling more fish.

One thing is for sure, my keeper collection keeps growing. I can't wait until I can put these bad boys into a fishtank in my house.

MUST CATCH THEM ALL!

Happy Dueling!

No comments: