Thursday, August 24, 2023

Palia -- I'm the worst at Gardening

Gardening in Palia started out for me as nothing more than a cotton farm empire. It was all about the touch and the feel of fabric, as they say, and I cared nothing for what happened. Soon I discovered it was pretty easy to craft up vegetable soup and I had a few free carrot seeds in my bags, so the crop became a split between cotton and carrots.

Fast forward to today and I've started to branch out to wheat, rice and potatoes as well. Now here's the ugly truth. I've just been throwing these things down any old willy-nilly way because ain't nobody got time for figuring out gardening beyond, I put stuff in the ground, I water it, I get stuff out.

It's like I went to the haircut place and said in a chad voice, "Just mess me up."

The above is the view of my garden from in game. Pretty ordinary garden shot . . . not the largest garden by any means. I'm working with a 6x6 plot. I could expand that all the way up to a 9x9 if I wanted, but up to this point gardening has been entirely an afterthought to fishing.

Give me the messy look, ma'am, you know, "Just mess me up."

The above is a 2D graphical representation of my garden from the site Palia Garden Planner. My current haphazard layout of stuff is so so. I'm getting minor quality increases, water retention, weed prevention, and harvest boons with my accidental layout. But what If my garden looked a little more like this?


got the root vegetables adding water retention and the tomatoes doing some weed prevention

Now we're looking a bit better on all the stats and definitely a more well rounded crop. Hmm . . . what if I double downed on the tomatoes and sacrificed a bit of the cotton in a layout kind of like this?


Rotating around the weed prevention, increasing tomatoes for profitability . . .

Oh man, I hate that I've found this site. Now I'm going to have to actually think before I garden . . . just imagine what it's going to be like when I expand the plot and start growing blueberries and apples! What a nightmare gardening is. To quote the Matrix, "Ignorance is Bliss."

Happy Dueling!

No comments: