Friday, August 18, 2023

A Whale of a mystery -- plus more new fish in Palia

Oo! I'm cutting it close tonight with putting out a blog post for the day. It's been super busy at work and at home, but I did get a chance to play a little Palia tonight.

First things first, while I was out fishing up some new stuff in the wilds of Bahari Bay, I happened to find a whale bone inside of a chest. This whale bone was actually a quest item that I had fished up and the only NPC that could answer the riddle of the bone was Jina, So I ran all the way back to the other zone, tracked her down and she had some interesting lore to share.

Flow whales you say?

Unfortunately, she was just going to need MORE WHALE BONE! So back to Bahari Bay I went and fished and fished until I got another one. This time it was a whale skull, and it all made her theorize that perhaps humans aren't the only things returning to the Earth.

is that remerge or reemerge?

Unfortunately, she was just going to need YET MORE WHALE BONE! So again I ran my way back to Bahari Bay and fished and fished until I got another one. This time it was a Dorsal Fin bone, and there wasn't a lot of plot furthered here in the mystery other than Jina identifying what kind of whale it wasn't.  

I wonder if the whale was from Fin-land

Unfortunately, she was just going to need EVEN MORE WHALE BONE! But . . . I needed to quit playing because I have this Blaugust blog post to write.  Put it on the checklist of things to do tomorrow. Done.

The other exciting news for me tonight was that I managed to hit the ponds of Bahari Bay (instead of the ocean and score more new fish to help build up my renown.

They were as follows:

The Cutthroat Trout

Competition is pretty cutthroat for those fishing nodes after all.

The Kilima Redfin

All these new fish are Kilima-ing me!

The Yellow Perch

Thanks for perching here to read my blog post!

The Silvery Minnow

If you think of better fishing puns, let minnow!

The . . . That's no fish!

that's a ship fragment?! Well, I haven't caught one of those before.

So There you go. Still fishing in Palia and excited to be uncovering more lore of the mystery of me . . . and a whale.

Happy Dueling!

No comments: