Sunday, August 13, 2023

Of Worms and Oneness with Einar

I continued to play Einar's Fishing Adventure (formerly known as Palia) yesterday, and found more love letters in my mailbox from my favorite Fishing Robot.

Worms from Einar are like chocolates on valentine's day

Basically, he sent me worms and told me I should eat one. I would do it for my robot friend if it would help etch the memory of me a little deeper in his runeworked mind! He let me know I wasn't quite there yet, yesterday. 

It hurts, but I appreciate the honesty.

That kind of devastated me to hear . . . being that I'm his official number one fan and all . . . so I'm determined to work harder! I fished and I fished and I fished, and I finally bought the recipe he had for making a Worm Farm, um, because I know it brings him such joy. I discovered that I had to reach a bunch deeper outside of Einar's Fishing Adventure and more into Palia as a whole.

4 bronze bars and 8 leather sheets secured! It's crafting time!

Yup, I needed Bronze Ingots and Leather Squares to make the coveted Worm Farm, so that meant I'd need to do a little mining, a little crafting, and a little loom work -- basically playing every facet of the game. To be honest, I love all the synergy here. Back in the days of Free Realms, the minigames were all pretty self-contained, and I could focus on one task at a time. That was ok for freedom's sake, but these days design synergy between systems is what it's all about. Happy to see that here.

You know, it felt a lot like the crafting work I used to do in V-rising for some reason. I guess instead of sucking blood from people and slicing them up, now I'm shooting cute little Chapaa (uh the racoon/beaver things) and skittish Sernuk (the antelope/deer things) instead. Of course, it's really all about furthering my depth in the real game of Einar's Fishing Adventure for me. I really must find out for myself what's hiding in Einar's cave.

He only comes here for few hours every day -- what's in there!?

I'm now a level six fisherman, and I need to earn a lot of money to buy the next two recipes in his list. A faster reeling fishing pole would be nice to have.

Hmmm . . . iron bars and heartwood . . . as well as 1500 gold. Looks like I've got fishing to do!

Happy Dueling!

1 comment:

Spiritcaller Studios said...

We've got a pretty good community called Marleybone populated by ex-Ravenwood Radio/SR101 folks and other Twizards . I think the game has just bags of potential and I'm excited to see how it grows. :)