Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Palia Over Here helping Me Find My Oneness

I continue to play Palia (I don't think I can keep the Einar's Fishing Adventure joke going anymore), and I'm happy with what I'm finding here. It's been keeping me pretty entertained the past week. 

To me, it feels like a nice mix of Animal Crossing, Breath of the Wild, and Project Gorgon (believe it or not). Animal Crossing because of the fishing, chores, and NPCs. Breath of the Wild because of the Climbing and Gliding. Project Gorgon because of the leveling, time of day cycle, and gift giving to unlock quests and rewards.  

I wanna fly like an eagle!

So, YES, I unlocked the glider the other day and floating around is now my new favorite time killer . . . aside from fishing of course. Fishing is number one.

I've built several crafting stations to keep me busy as well. I've got my loom churning leather, the glass making machine popping out lightbulbs, the Worm farm making poops, and all the other basic things doing all their other basic operations. It's pretty great.

Crafting, Crafting, Crafting, raw (leather) hide!

The ultimate goal of course is to grow my relationship status with Einar. That big goof gave me a great quest a couple days ago to go around asking people what they thought "oneness" meant. Of course all the NPCs answered according to their base personality type. 

Caleri the Librarian answered much like a sassy high school teacher would.

 Zeki wants to know what it is as well . . . so he can package it and sell it somehow.

Reth is just an airhead -- let's be honest though, airheads just naturally have oneness . . .

Tish wants to write a song about when I find out.

And Ashura equates to his work because, well, that's his joy in life.


In the end I just told Einar that I found my oneness just talking to people, and he was overjoyed.

He's the best.

So there you have it. I'm a level 7 fisherman just trying to win my way into Einar's heart and floating around on my glider. Couldn't be happier. Hopefully when my cotton garden harvests I'll be swimming in the money and can finally buy that glow farm recipe!

Happy Dueling!

No comments: