Sunday, August 15, 2021

The aftermath of Day 35 in 7D2D -- #Blaugust2021 Day 15

 To say I've been playing a lot of 7 Days to Die lately would be an understatement, and it's been my go to game for the past week. I'm finally starting to get my groove in the game, and it feels great. 

As I talked about previously, I started a new game along with the acquisition of a new computer for my birthday. It is the base "Navezgane" game world, which is completely new to me because I've never played this game before. I don't have any special rules running on my game as well.  If you die, you have to make a corpse run. Day and Night lengths aren't modified, and stuff happens as it happens.

Yesterday I just finished up Day 35's Blood Moon and lived through it, which felt pretty great. So far my score is as follows:

- Day 7 Blood Moon: Victory! It wasn't bad at all. I sat on the roof of my first house and shot the zombies down as they invaded my base.

- Day 14 Blood Moon: Fail :( I wasn't prepared for the jump in difficulty, and they broke through my base's defenses and I ran out of bullets, which made me panic, and I opened a door that led to me getting swarmed. They should have had to break through 3 more doors, and I could have possibly ridden it out and survived.

Tower Defense Base 1 

- Day 21 Blood Moon: Victory! I moved my base to a house in the snow and made a defensible building. Most zombies got stuck on a stairway as a turret punched them back down. I shot them safely from a corner of a roof.

Tower Defense Base 2 

- Day 28 Blood Moon: Fail! I moved my base to a house in the desert and ran out of time. My defenses were weak, my fences were weak, my bullet supply was low, but I had earned enough to buy a motorized bike from the trader in the desert, and quickly found out that you can't run from a blood moon.

- Day 35 Blood Moon: Victory! I stayed in the desert and fortified my walls, doubled my walls, added a ton of barriers inside the house, made walkways to get around, and generally, just did much better against the relentless hoard. I didn't even have to resort to hiding in my secret enclosed, double doored safe room on the third story of the house.

Tower Defense Base 3

I don't know why it took me so long to fully realize what the Blood Moon actually is . . . it's really just an immersive 3D Tower Defense game where you set up a base and the zombies try to break through and kill you as you act as a player-controlled turret. 

. . . and that's why my friend Lessah completely made fun of me when she visited my house yesterday for the first time after I finished my 35th Day. It was the ultimate guy-in-the-apocalypse house, treating the game like it was simply Tower Defense. My set up was a maze; I had broken stairs and trash around the house; and the only food and water I had was Grilled Meat and Boiled Water. 

By the time Lessah was done playing with me, the house had a small garden started and a little water source. She helped me craft a forge. My boxes were a touch more organized, and she just generally improved the place overall. 

It went both ways though! Knowing that someday Lessah would drop by to visit, I had been saving some stuff I found, just especially for her . . . including a much-beloved Iron Club. I gotchu fam! It's nice to have friends in the apocalypse. :)

Happy Dueling!

No comments: