Saturday, August 28, 2021

It's a Mothergrubbin' Truck -- #Blaugust2021 Day 28

 Ahhhh yeah! I kind of turned a corner here in 7D2D and I'm making all kinds of cash. It's enough that I just casually bought a truck chassis yesterday from the trader. It's legitimately the hardest part of the truck crafting puzzle to create, and then it was off to the races!

Boom! It's a truck!

Not only is this thing a truck, it's a total "apocalypse-ready" truck, with blades on the front just meant for running over zombies, dogs, cougars, wolves, zombies, and even more zombies!

It all kind of started with me thinking to myself ". . . dang, I've got a lot of stuff in my storage boxes here. I bet you I could build a truck!" So I casually looked at the recipe: 4 Wheels, a cassis, truck accessories, an engine, and a lead car battery. 

Well, I had engines and lead car batteries to spare -- Check and check.

Wheels -- Nope, so I checked the recipe for wheels and it was pretty simple. I just needed to get some coal, so I dug down deep at a coal mine and crafted 'em up without much trouble -- Check!

4x4 Truck Accessories -- I was absolutely right about having enough stuff in my storage boxes . . . at least when it came to building the accessories part. Not a problem.

Electrical Parts and Headlights? Short Iron Pipes, Springs, and Mechanical Parts? YES I DO!

4x4 Truck Chassis -- The only thing that made this recipe difficult was the 375 bars of Forged Steel.  That's a lot of forged steel that I didn't have, so I dug myself a mine and started getting the components to make forged Steel . . . what I found was that with this mine what I had really dug was a murder hole. A horde wandered by attracted by my drilling, and the zombies came just POURING down from the top of the hole.

Hi! Thanks for "dropping" in, to say hello! 

After all was said and done, I was really only about half way there to the 375 bars of Forged Steel, when BAM . . . wouldn't you know it, the trader has a Truck Chassis for sale and it was totally affordable. I'm living LARGE AND IN CHARGE in the apocalypse, my friends!

Possibly the most amazing thing about this whole crafting process was that it only took 3 minutes to build a truck once I had all the pieces. Now I'm running over ALL the zombies, like I just don't care. 3 minutes of crafting, a lifetime of zombie apocalypse bliss.

They're surprisingly durable zombies as it turns out.

Happy Dueling!

2 comments:

Nimgimli said...

Just wanted to say I'm loving your 7D2D posts! I played this way way back when it first hit early access and as soon as I hit Submit I'm gonna go re-install it since it seems like a LOT has changed.

Stingite said...

Yes! I can't wait to read your blog post where you detail out the changes because I have no idea on the history of this game and what it was like in the "before times." :)