Saturday, August 7, 2021

Miracle Mitch and the Smuggler's Arena Two-Box -- #Blaugust2021 Day 7

Pirate101 is running the best member benefit this weekend! Free Miracle Mitch heals for the win! 

Gimme those free heals, Mitch!

If you aren't a Pirate101 player, you may not know what that means. Typically in Pirate101, once a companion is knocked out in battle, they get injured. To heal them, your companions need to take a little bit of a breather, which gets longer the higher level your companions are. At level 70, a companion that gets injured will take several hours to heal unless you visit Miracle Mitch and pay his exorbitant gold prices to heal your companions, but this weekend Miracle Mitch services are absolutely free for subscribed players.

This means, I can go absolutely crazy and immediately heal up my companions . . . so I can go absolutely crazy once again!

For me this crazy meant giving the Smuggler's Arena some well-deserved attention. It's something I've avoided doing in Pirate101 for years. By the end of the Smuggler's Arena, you're most likely going to have some companions on bed rest, which is a bit intimidating.

A few details for those that may not know about the arena . . . you pick up the Smuggler's Arena from the Crown Shop for 7500 Crowns and place it down in your player housing. This then opens up an arena where you fight waves of enemies with only a micro-breather between each. You don't earn gold in the Smuggler's Arena, instead you earn Scrip, the currency used for buying black market goods.

The view of my smuggler's arena from inside my ship's cabin

So, because it was a free Miracle Mitch weekend, it felt like the perfect excuse to play the Smuggler's Arena back-to-back using my two-box accounts: Friendly Thomas the Witchdoctor and Bad Pedro Pace the Privateer.

My first run through I made it pretty deep and earned the first badge for surviving to round 5: The Arena Ace. Eventually my health sputtered out, and I couldn't go any deeper, and I ended up with several KO'd companions and 300+ Scrip for my efforts.

After this, I rearranged my skills a bit so my privateer had more heals at the front of his powers and things went a lot better on the second attempt. I also did a bit of research and found a great thread on the Pirate101 forums that had some excellent tips, and most importantly the key tip was that you can use your mojo potion to heal during that one-second breather in between fights or when Scriptop is yammering away about your next competitor.

Scriptop's yammering . . . quick! hit that mojo potion button!

That tip and rearranging my healing powers was all I needed to earn my second badge for making it all the way through to the end of the arena. Yes! I am now a club champ and earned the 500 scrip reward for making all the way through to the end.

Is it just me, or are those rewards super tiny and hard to read? That could use some love, devs...

I don't think there's any strategy I could add that wasn't already said in that link that I shared. That last battle of the Smuggler's Arena is absolutely brutal with tough enemies well over your level. The musketeers you fight against are relentless with the bombs they drop on you, and that can really mess you up. I guess that's the one tip I could add . . . if you're really stuck with bombs around you, pets and summons do a good job of being sacrificial lambs to take the bombs out. lol.

I hate bombs . . .

There's a badge for completing the smuggler's arena 10 times . . . I think I could probably swing that. There's also badges for completing the arena 25, 50, and 100 times. I don't know if I could swing that, but if I did, I'm sure by the end I'd have that arena down to a science and definitely have all the scrip I needed to buy all the goodies in the black market I ever wanted.

If you haven't given the Smuggler's Arena a go yet, this weekend may be the perfect opportunity.

Happy Dueling!

2 comments:

Chrissy The Blesser said...

Great post with LOTS of good tips. Congratulations for making it through. That is not an easy task. Unfortunately, the odds of the devs showing Pirate some love are nevah in our favor. We have been waiting for years. Thank you for playing my favorite game and writing so well about it. I loved seeing it, once more, through your eyes. Brought back SO many wonderful memories <3 .

Stingite said...

@Chrissy -- ty ty! I know I know. Believe me, I know, and I've watched everyone make requests for years, but . . . maybe a small text box change might be a quick fix. You never know. ;) Glad you're enjoying reading along.