Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Diary Post -- #Blaugust2021 Day 24

Pardon me, y'all. I'm going to do a bit of a diary post today. Yesterday was a pretty interesting day and things are starting to get busy.

1- School has begun for all the kids. ALL the kids. The youngest is now in Middle School. The middle kiddo is a senior in High School. The oldest is in their second year of college. My job with all of this is to make sure they're up, fed, ready to go, and drive 'em around as needed. Check and done.

My dudes.

2- The Cats -- Zoodles is staging a small rebellion with her food, and Timmy is an absolute maniac. Timmy leaped all the way up on top of the countertop yesterday. Zoodles NEVER did that. Not happy with Timmy's newfound vertical freedoms, but we're adjusting.

3- Work is in full swing. I'm currently working on two games at once, and it's great! Lots of work, lots of fun. No details for the general population -- just know that I'm excited for all the stuff happening at WIMO.

4-  I played Overwatch with my buddy Mercedes last night. It was only a handful of games, but to be honest, a return to Overwatch for me is a big deal. I kinda sucked, but I tried, and we still won 3 games. Mostly it was great to talk with Merc again. If any of my highlights were even remotely worthy of showing off, I would.

Torbjorn my boy!

5- I also played Project Gorgon a bit yesterday. I sold a bunch of stuff on the Auction House and had an absolutely horrible time farming for Superb metal. Yuck. I also got sucked into a guild group to run the Wolf Caves daily mission, and it took FOREVER to complete. This tends to happen when you have groups leap frogging over each other and party members that afk.

MAKIN' THAT PHAT CASH!

6- Greek Food!  Uber Wife bought some frozen gyro meat and I used a sparse amount with a ton of salad and a touch of taziki sauce to make a sort of a gyro taco on a corn tortilla for lunch. Ahhh, gotta love the struggle of trying to limit carbohydrates and fat while being diabetic, but it was still good. Dinner was the left over greek salad that I used to make the gyro. :)

7- Music -- I've been working on a new collection of music, but it's slowed down a bit here for some reason. I want to blame my lack of music on the overabundance of blogging I've been doing, but it's something more. I want to write 2 more songs in this style and then edit them all down into a cohesive album of music.  That's the plan at least. Here's a small peek at a new track I've been working on.

So that's it . . . that's the blog post. I'm kind of struggling here at Day 24 to get a daily blog post out, but I'm managing over lunch and early in the morning to find some time to write. (Listen . . . it was either this post or talking about how it's the fifth anniversary of Loot Chests in DCUO.) 

Happy Dueling!

3 comments:

Tipa said...

Gotta admire someone who makes a music video for a song they're still working on :-)

Nimgimli said...

Keep posting when you can, immma gonna keep reading!

Stingite said...

@Tipa -- I'm pretty excitable lol

@Nimgimli -- ty ty! I appreciate the support.