Monday, August 30, 2021

Good Golly Miss Gyrocopter! #Blaugust2021 Day 30

Had a great weekend in 7 Days to Die, friends! Lessah dropped by and then ruined and rebuilt my batcave, organized my loot (aka the Good Lord's Work), and drove me up north in the truck to dig a coal mine and kill cougars. While we were up there, we also ended up clearing out a football stadium (full of zombie cheerleaders) and a Preschool (full of administrators . . . and loot . . . but strangely, no kid zombies).

We had such a great time that Lessah even got in trouble with her girlfriends because she almost missed her weekly podcast date. We were happily driving around with a solid goal in mind, having a blast, and whoops . . . where'd the time go? You should check out their podcast if you haven't. The Damsel's of DDO is a fun listen. Episode 153 hasn't been posted to their blog yet, but Sahba Jade gives Lessah a tongue lashing for her lateness . . . pretty funny stuff.

Anyway, now that I've plugged Lessah and the Damsels, on to the real meat of the blog post here . . . after hanging out with Lessah, I finished off a successful hoard night on the 91st day of the apocalypse, I said to myself . . . self, shall we just peek at that recipe for the Gyrocopter? I peeked and what I saw was that I had the ability and everything I needed to craft 4/5th of the recipe.

All the stuff needed to make a Gyrocopter!

Lead Battery? yup, I have a rank 5 battery ready to go.

Engine? Yup, easy. I get one like every other car I take apart.

3 Wheels? Thanks to that coal mine we dug, I totally could make 3 wheels.

Gyrocopter Chassis? Neat! The requirements for building the chassis on a gyrocopter was actually easier than what you need to build for the truck! I had all the Forged Steel I needed, which is the hardest part.

Gyrocopter Accessories? *record scratch* Ohhhhhh . . . dangit. To forge the accessories I'd have to do some special training and find a book that taught me the recipe.  Ahh well, it was a nice dream, and then I actually thought to myself . . . hmmm . . . I wonder if the trader will ever sell this item just like the truck chassis?

Sure enough, guess what showed up in the trader the very next day. It's like the game knew I wanted to spend all my dukes. It was not cheap. All I had left was 500 dukes when all was said and done. I went back home and BAM! Several minutes later I had the power of flight. 

Oh dang! Someone's going flying!

I'm definitely going to waste some time flying around in this thing trying to get used to the controls. I hear tell that if you press E while in mid-air you launch rockets! Just kidding, I hear you plummet to your death as you "E for Exit" out of the gyrocopter.

Flying around in my Junkcopter

Is flying around like this considered end game? This feels like end game. I keep waiting for the quest to kill the Ender Dragon to show up. :) With the power of flight, I might just be able to take him down!

The only thing stopping me from landing on the top of skyscrapers is my lack of piloting skill

The truer statement is that PvP is most likely the end game, and I'm sure to many people 7D2D without PvP is like cake without frosting.  I may need to start looking to mods soon . . . like Darkness Falls.

Happy Dueling!

No comments: