Monday, June 7, 2021

How to Beat Stage 5-6 in My Hero Academia: Strongest Hero

I just finished beating Stage 5-6 on My Hero Academia: Strongest Hero, and I'm so frustrated about it.  I should feel relieved since I got stuck on the stage for a few days, and now I'm through it -- but no, I'm legitimately frustrated. 

For the past few days, all I've been doing is logging on to do my daily quests and daily reward track because I was stuck. I finally got so frustrated that I looked up a video on how to beat 5-6 and saw my answer exactly 5 seconds into the video.

Stage 5-6 -- it's the first big hurdle of the game . . .

The main problem here is that the game seems to force a certain hero choice for the battle no matter how you arrange your deployed heroes.  I tried shuffling them around, but it would still select the same hero. I tried beating the game with manual, auto, and even auto with timed dodges . . . nothing seemed to work. All Might would just wreck my character.

What really won the day was finding out I can pause between deploying units, select the character I wanted to use for the All Might Battle (which was Eijiro Korishima), and then click on the pulsing red boss crosshairs manually to send in the desired character to battle. (Red Riot kind of destroyed All Might in this level -- I just used auto-battle and tapped the dodge button a few times during the fight to ensure the win) Since this spot is the first time you need to choose a specific character and not just mindlessly click the pathfinding button, it's confusing. 

Click the hero, then click the crosshairs -- Don't click the hero and click pathfinding

Another part of the problem is that the character it typically auto-chooses for the final fight in stage 5-6 is almost right on top of the pulsing boss crosshairs on the map, so you could accidentally click on the wrong character while trying to click on the boss and cancel your character selection. 

On that same video where I found my answer, in the comments there were a good half a dozen confused people just like me wondering why they couldn't select the hero they wanted to use for the boss fight. I love when that happens because it's justification that it's not just me . . . the UI for this action is unintuitive. It's unfortunate because I almost churned out of the game at this point, and I'm sure if they looked at the data for the game, they'd find out that it's a dropping point for players.

Hopefully they've already seen the problem and have a fix in place so those that stumble upon this fight in the future don't get stuck here.

Happy Dueling!

No comments: