Saturday, August 31, 2019

#Blaugust2019 Day 31 -- Survived, Thrived and Jived this Blaugust

So here it is, and here am I! 31 posts, ~15,000 words, and a whole lotta nonsense later, Blaugust draws to a close for me.

It's been interesting, and I've talked a bit about Overwatch, Gems of War, D&D, Diablo 3, Slay the Spire, Project Gorgon, Terraria, Rabbids + Mario, Desert Bus Simulator, Wizard101, Neverwinter, Adventure Quest 3D,  Sonic Colors, and even Super Mario Sluggers. Not to mention I took this great shot of all my old Sega CD games as well . . .


ROCKIN' THE CLASSICS!

I like that mix of video game topics . . . some MMOs, some casual games, and some old school jams. That sounds a lot like what I'd write about. In fact, if you time traveled me to this post from a month ago I'd say, yup, that sounds like me.

In between writing all those posts, a lot of other things have gone on . . . like my kids heading back to school and my free time shrinking (dude, August is way busier for me near the end of the month . . . I should remember this next time Blaugust rolls around.) Work has been busy and other responsibilities kicked up a notch. whew.

At the first of the month I was actually able to keep up on reading more from the other fine bloggers involved in this endeavor, but eventually it all caught up to me and I was lucky if I was able to just make a post. Now that I'm a part of the Blaugust Discord, it should be easier to be a bit more involved in future discussions.

I want to thank those who dropped by and made a comment on my posts, even if it was difficult since I'm on the Blogspot platform. You rock! Comments on posts make my day. And even if you didn't make a comment, thanks for reading. You also rock!


So, I don't have much to post today in the way of "games," but I did wake up to this wonderful view.


That's the top of my tent. I spent the night under the shelter of a big ol' Pecan tree with my son by my side. I should do more of that. Sometimes you just gotta unplug.


Since I did have my phone with me, I was still able to participate in our Guild War in Gems of War. We're leading our bracket this month, and I'm the paragon for this round . . . so . . . gotta keep that up! GO DEN OF WOLVES!


I hope that if you checked in to my blog, you learned a little about a game or two you didn't know about, or that I was at least able to make you smile here or there. I try to be a good natured sort with a light heart, and I hope that comes through with my writing. I am a friendly necromancer after all.

Thanks and keep being amazing! . . . And keep up the great writing fellow Blaugustians!

Until next post . . . Happy Dueling

2 comments:

Iridian Willowglen said...

What an interesting place to camp. I didn't read every post, but it was nice to see you blogging regularly! :)

Stingite said...

@Iridian: It 'twas an interesting place! Typically I hate camping in the summertime in Texas, but it was actually pretty breezy and less than an hour from our house.

I really appreciate the support along the way . . . whether it was a like on a twitter comment or a post here. :) Thanks!