Saturday, August 24, 2019

#Blaugust2019 Day 24 -- The Season of Mellori

It's a thing for me. I like playing notable Wizard101 NPCs in Diablo III. So as tempting as it was to call my new Demon Hunter Jane Goodall, I went with Mellori.


Now to try to make her look more like the actual Mellori:


A little green and black dye and maybe a hat that isn't obnoxious and there we go!

I was hovering over the computer at 8:00pm US Central last night when the doors to Season 8 swung open and I was off to the races!!! and being quickly outpaced by pretty much everyone. I mean, I'm really not doing this to break any speed records, but it was cool to see the global announcements for people who were just killing it.

Nah, I was playing solo and taking it pretty easy in Adventure mode. After a couple of hours of play last night I got incredibly sleepy and headed off to bed.

In the morning, I jumped back on around 7:00am and played for another couple of hours. The end result is that I'm level 62 with chapter 1's goals done and all I need to do to get chapter 2's goals is finish that grind to level 70.  After that, I anticipate Chapter 3's goals will fall quickly and then it'll be a slow power ride to finish Chapter 4.

I've got some stuff to do today. It's a busy Saturday, but I'm hoping to wrap up Chapter 3 by the end of tonight.

WOOT!

The new power circle mechanic is . . . ok . . . as a Demon Hunter it's pretty easy to get to those circles and use their effects, but the power they provide doesn't seem overwhelming?  IDK. I haven't really seen a big difference in my play because of them. Kind of a cool idea though!  It'd be neat if there was some kind of epic item that actually improved the power circle effects on you.

That said, I'm happy to be off to the races for Season 18! Good times.

Happy Dueling!

No comments: