Sunday, August 25, 2019

#Blaugust2019 Day 25 -- Mellori Hates You All

And just like that, our unlikely hero Mellori has overcome the forces of darkness and earned her season 18 armor set.


I changed the appearance of the hood to be a bit more "Mellori-like" and dyed her outfit green and black. She's looking pretty awesome though. She's looking like she's ready to hunt down the Bat without the help of any pesky wizard.

Yup, so I went a little crazy yesterday and crashed through those four season 18 chapters to complete the set. BOOM THAT WAS FAST!  At least for me. (Um, the dudes on the leaderboards for the first 1000 places for Seasonal achievements might not think it was very fast. How in the world do they do it? No sleep?)

And I must say that this character feels amazingly easy to play now that I have the full set. Neither Old Cob nor Professor Falmea have had this smooth of a play style. You know what it is?  It's the turrets and the pets . . . they just auto kill everything for me, and all I need to do is click the "4" button and the "1" button once in a while since they're doing all the heavy lifting.

I don't want you to think it was a breeze getting there because you know . . . this picture . . .


Freaking lasers of death on a choke point . . .

That said, I was hitting Torment X difficulty this morning while trying out the new set and it was pretty great. The DPS is smokin'. The only problem now is the survivability and the Hatred regeneration rate. (The Demon Hunter needs "Hatred" like a wizard needs "Mana") Just a couple hits from the enemies on Torment X, and Mellori takes a dirt nap. Good thing I'm not playing Hardcore.

I recorded a run up to Queen Araneaa this morning on Torment X to show a little of what it's like to play with the Embodiment of the Marauder Set there. I died once, but quickly recovered.



So now the question is, do I want to keep going and earn all the Slayer achievements, etc?  Mmm . . . maybe?  It's playing so smoothly for me that I might just keep going! Then again . . . so many other games to play and so little time.

I can't believe we've made it to the last week of August and I haven't yet written about a few of my other favorite games and MMOs, but Diablo is just so much destructive fun.

Hope those of you who are playing Diablo III this season are finding a lot of success and fun as well.

Happy Dueling!

No comments: