Sunday, August 11, 2019

#Blaugust2019 Day 11 -- Fighting the Blahs . . . with Rabbids?

Yesterday when I sat down in the evening to play games, I just had an overwhelming case of the blahs.  You know what I mean? You look at every game on your PC and you're like . . . meh . . . I don't really want to play any of those right now. 

And then . . . I realized there was a game I got my kids so very long ago that I had never played but yet wanted to play.  So I yelled upstairs to the kids, "YO KIDS! Where's the Switch?!" My 15 year old responded that he had it up with him but he wasn't using it . . . battery life was at 85% even!

LES DO THIS!


Here's the thing about Rabbids. (My daughter made this great analogy for me one time.) They're like just one step above Minions in cheese factor, but because they came before Minions, they're way better. The original is always better.

By the way, they totally struck a childhood fear for me right here . . .


See what I'm saying about the Minions comparison? Anyway, when I was 5 years old my sisters (who were all at least 10 years older than me) threatened to put me inside the dryer if I didn't do what they asked me to. I tattled on them. They got in trouble, and I got to hear my mom give them a long lecture about how that would cause skin burns and head trauma and lead to permanent brain damage. The lecture my mom gave them made it worse for me . . . I was like . . . my sisters were trying to kill me! Of course they were just messing around, they'd never put me in the dryer. *hugs sisters* Still . . . childhood fear . . . shiver.

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is in the tactical genre. I watched over the shoulder of my kids while they played a couple years ago, so I was already a bit familiar with how this worked. You move a number of squares to position yourself behind blocks, do slide attacks on the "bad" Rabbids, and shoot 'em with a blaster from a hidden position. That isn't always as easy as it sounds. These are quality puzzles to sort out.


Can I just say how much I love the Peach Rabbid character? Look at that. She tossed her wig and crown in disgust and walked off the screen because she was so disappointed in my performance there. Also, she wears it better than original peach hands down.

Judge on little peach rabbid!

The game isn't purely tactical based, there are world puzzles as well. You run around discovering hidden gems and items and playfully move across the map through tubes, over bridges, and all the other great things like that.


Great game! This totally cured the blahs yesterday for me! I think this will end up being my go to Switch game for a while when "I ain't feelin' it" on the PC.

Happy Dueling!

No comments: