Tuesday, August 20, 2019

#Blaughust2019 Day 20 -- Gith Outta Here!

Ahhhh, Neverwinter. How did I once again come crashing through your download screens?


So, ultimately the boat ride that The Saviors are taking (see post from yesterday) will land them in Chult. Because of that, I wanted to go back into a fun, little MMORPG known as Neverwinter. Why?  Duh. There's a whole huge section of Neverwinter completely devoted to Chult and the Tomb of Annihilation!


The realization that I'm simply an adventure away from bringing this group I DM into Chult makes me want to explore just a bit more there in Neverwinter for . . . research purposes . . . also fun!  It's been a while since I've jumped into Neverwinter, you know?


The surprise of the evening, however, is that as it turns out Neverwinter is right here now in the throws of a brand new update that features an epic undermountain struggle between the Githyanki and the Mindflayers. WHAT THE WHAT?



You know what else is super crazy?  You can play AS A GITH!


According to this write up about it, the following conditions apply:

The new gith race will be free for a limited time:
  • Free to VIP for the first 2 weeks of the module (August 13 - August 26)
  • Free to everyone (including VIP) for the 2 weeks after that (August 27 - September 9)
  • Starting September 10, players who didn’t log in for the free gith will have to buy a pack to get access to this race.

So while the whole world is logging in to WOW Classic, you know where I'll be? logging in to WOW Classic . . . just kidding. I'll be logging into Neverwinter! . . . and maybe Diablo III. . . . and maybe other stuff!  'Cause there's just too many games and it's Blaugust!!! I'M GOING CRAZY! . . . whew, sorry, had to get that out.

Now to just vocalize my pinch points about logging back in to Neverwinter:

1- I have to retrain all my spells and figure out how to play again. They went and changed everything with the classes, so it's going to take a hot minute or two to figure out how to play again. Now if I could actually survive a day in Chult as a cleric, that'd be amazing. So, we'll see!

2- The number one curse of all time . . . full inventory.  Someone shoot me now. My inventory was overflowing and I can't remember what half of these things even do.

3- I really have to get over them ripping out the Foundry system. Give me a moment. There. I'm over it.

Ok, I'm ready to log in and play some Neverwinter now. whew.

Happy Dueling!

2 comments:

Kronick said...

I find it so to be such a sweet feeling when you get back to a game you used to play and stopped for whatever reason and then picked it up again and absolutely love it! I have had that happen to me in multiple games like Final Fantasy 15, World of Warcraft. It feels so good to the point like you mentioned there are a ton of other things that are happening around you but you just can't get enough of that one game!

Stingite said...

@Kronick -- Thanks for the note! Totally get that feeling. It's also something that makes me sad when I can't go back and experience that world again because it's shut down, like Wildstar.