Friday, June 16, 2023

Stingite and the Diablo IV Nightmare

I continue to log on to Diablo IV here and there on pretty much a daily basis. My play time is mostly like an hour in the morning and a hour or two at night. I'd say that's pretty healthy for a self-proclaimed "fast one of the slow bunch," right? I'M MILD-MIDCORE MAN!

Behold the mighty midcore man's outfit!

I'm finding that my play objectives have been pretty random here in Nightmare difficulty. Sometimes I'll log on and knock out a bunch of sidequests. Sometimes I'll log on and go Lilith statue hunting. Sometimes I'll do Tree of Whispers stuff. Sometimes I'll do a nightmare dungeon.  It's a mishmash of stuff. I'm all over the place!

As long as good loot is involved, I'm there!

Looking at my collections, I've hit 19% of the dungeons and done 27% of the challenges. There's plenty left to do. In fact, I'm kind of amazed at how many sidequests there actually are in the game. It's crazy!

It's all about the challenges!

I'm still digging my button-mashy loadout for druid. I keep waiting to get a crazy game changing gear aspect, and nothing has really grabbed me too hard at this point. Speaking of that, I probably should be more excited about the sacred unique chest item that dropped for me. It's pretty cool in that it puts me in werebear form ALL the time.

Ooo! The Insatiable Fury!

I'm sure there's a build out there somewhere (like here) that capitalizes on being in werebear form 100 percent of the time, but I really like my Earth/Summoner thing I got going on. Stuff has been melting pretty good for me and I feel super cozy in my protective earth shields and bubbles.

What I probably need to do is sit down and really figure out EXACTLY how to make this build sing and see if I can work it out on paper. I wouldn't mind coming up with a decent build myself. But, sadly there probably isn't a great way to do that, and if there was, the hardcore people would have done it already. LOL. This isn't really a job for mild midcore man.

The one thing I haven't done much of is World Bosses, which I should be better about. The world boss schedule just hasn't been aligning with my playtimes lately. I'll have to track spawn times and commit to it.

So, there you go. Things have been a bit directionless, but there's still plenty to do in DiabloIV. I'm digging it.  BTW, if you're looking for some great advice, check out Belghast's tips!  I've been using his links there to help me find Lilith statues.  Good stuff.

Happy Dueling!

No comments: