Saturday, June 10, 2023

Diablo IV Campaign Completion . . . What's Next?

So, after my rocky start back in pre-release, I've been taking it a little safer, and a little slower. I put my Hardcore character dreams on hold and instead focused on finishing the campaign story mode with my Eternal character.  I did that just this afternoon and promptly logged off for a bit.

Denied!

It's kind of fitting I went to Hell in the game today because it feels hot as H-E-double-toothpicks in my house right now. The AC started leaking and a puddle of water dripped through the drywall in our garage late last night. I'm at the whims of the AC Repair guy currently, who can only make it out "sometime" tomorrow. There was no better estimate than that unfortunately. The AC is off and our house temperatures are rising in the Texas heat.

As for Diablo IV, what a great game! That was a lot of fun to work though. The cut scenes were fantastic and beautiful. The story was well told. The combat was action packed. It'll continue to entertain me for a while to come. I'm happy with my purchase.

I'll get there. I'll get there. Sheesh!

It took until about level 30 or so before Legendary items started to drop for me, but by the end of the campaign, I had legendary gear in pretty much every slot save the helm and gloves. To top things off, the final battle of the game dropped a unique ring that I immediately equipped.

Behold the Mother's Embrace!

The druid build I ended up running focused on earth-magic-based core and defensive skills and companions and was incredibly button-mashy easy to run.

  • Slot 1: Earthen Bulwark (rank 1/5) with Enhanced and Innate sub-skills
  • Slot 2: Ravens rank (2/5) with Enhanced and Ferocious sub-skills
  • Slot 3: Poison Creeper (rank 3/5) with Enhanced and Ferocious sub-skills
  • Slot 4: Wolves (rank 3/5) with Enhanced and Ferocious sub-skills
  • Left Click: Earth Spike (rank 4/5) with Enhanced and Primal sub-skills
  • Right Click: Landslide (rank 4/5)  with Enhanced and Fierce sub-skills

For passive skills I had

  • 1 rank in Ancestral Fortitude and Vigilance
  • 3 ranks in Call of the Wild
  • 1 rank in Crushing Earth and Stone Guard with 3 ranks in Safeguard
  • 2 ranks in Defensive Posture, Thick Hide, Unrestrained, and Nature's Resolve

Key Passive was Earthen Might

Spirit Boons were as follows:

  • Advantageous Beast Spirit Deer Boon
  • Spirit Attacks Spirit Eagle Boon
  • Packleader and Energize Spirit Wolf Boon
  • Obsidian Slam Spirit Snake Boon

The "helpful" Legendary Gear buffs that I managed to secure for my build were:

  • Damage from Earth Skills slow enemies by 40% for 5 seconds
  • Heal for 11 life per second for each close enemy up to 104 life per second
  • While Unstoppable and for 4 seconds afterward, gain 10% move speed and freely move through enemies
  • Gain 1 additional companion. In addition your companion skills deal 15% bonus damage.
  • When hit when not healthy, a magical bubble is summoned around you for 4.5 seconds. While standing in the bubble players are immune. Can occur once every 90 seconds.
  • Gain 19 of your primary resource for every 15% life that you heal.

It made things pretty easy to just mash 1-2-3-4 and alternate right click and left click. Things tended to die, and I tended to not die.  TENDED, to not die.  I mean, I'm really glad this was an eternal character. I died a handful of times while on my way to the end. Sometimes you just get overwhelmed by exploding and high DPS enemies . . . even with all those defensive skills burning.

Mashin' buttons like a crazy person!

So, the hope is now that I'll be able to go back through the game, beat all the dungeons, find all the Lilith statues, complete all the fortresses, fight all the world bosses, and do the game all over again in nightmare and hell difficulty. AND, have fun while doing it.

I'd also like to work my hardcore character up now that I've had a bit more experience. I think I'm a little better now in recognizing the really scary enemies, and hopefully I can catch up to where my eternal character is currently sitting. HOPEFULLY! Fingers crossed!

I can reach 46 in Hardcore . . . right? RIGHT?!?!

There's tons to do, and I can't wait to do it all.

Happy Dueling!

No comments: