Monday, June 5, 2023

My Pre-launch Diablo IV Weekend Review

Follow on post here to the one from a couple days ago. I spent a bunch of time on Saturday working up my third shot at a hardcore Druid build for Diablo IV only to face a terrible defeat.  My whole Saturday Diablo play time was just a wash because of this.

I can't even remember what enemy it was that killed me, but I think it was 3 big dudes with big axes that stunned me and then the mob of smaller dudes with smaller axes chewed me up to pieces before I could heal and dash away. 

Ahh, looks like it was a level 32 Ice Clan Mauler. Shrug.

Up until that point though, things were going great with that hardcore Druid! My highest level attempt yet! Once I started hitting those dungeons to level and gear up, things got a lot more manageable. 

There's 8 hours and 40 minutes I won't get back. LOL

I also spent a chunk of Saturday just waiting in a broken Queue.  That was fun.

Start Game Pending would make a great guild name.

Sunday I started up my fourth shot at a hardcore Druid build, but I decided that I might as well start leveling my eternal character while I was at it. 

So that's kind of where I sit currently as we approach the final hour of my bonus pre-purchase play time. I have a 26th level Eternal Druid, and my fourth hardcore druid attempt is sitting at 16th level.

This dude has a stellar homeless look, don't you think?

I can't say that I've found a lot of amazing gear so far. I think I do have my favorite early build of Druid down for sure. I've landed on 3 pets combined with all earth skills while using a single handed axe and a totem.  It's working for me so far.  Lots of stunning. Lots of fortitude. At some point I'm going to have to swap something out to use an ultimate skill, but the recharge on those ultimates just isn't great.

You know, I haven't looked at any suggested builds yet and to be honest, with how low level I am, I'm not sure if they really apply yet. Not really a fan of having someone else figure out the best build for me anyway.

. . . and as for today? Well today was work, so I didn't get anything much done at all aside from some early morning pre-work play.  Meh.

And there you have it! I guess we'll see the rest of you here in just about an hour! Bring on the long queues! Welcome to Diablo IV!

Happy Dueling!

No comments: