Monday, August 1, 2022

Blaugust 2022 is upon us! I'm all in!

 . . . and as the great soothsayers have foretold, the time is finally upon us: Blaugustpocolypse! 


That's right, friends, fans, and fellow bloggers, the time has finally come to write a post a day for 31 days as a part of Belghast's annual blog-fest for NERDS like us. I've been thinking about this one a lot in advance for some reason -- I even prepped a list of possible topics! That's right, I take this blogging business seriously! I mean, at least during August.

As it turns out, my mind is still firmly on . . . work! So to those ends, I want to use Blaugust to write out a few things that could end up on a Game Designer portfolio site of sorts. I'll be refreshing my "About Me," which is woefully out of date currently, and I'll be writing a little bit about each of the games I've worked on the past 10 years.

Also, I have a solid Blaugust's worth of VR games in my steam library that I haven't played yet, so I'm hoping to play and discuss those with you all as well as talk about a few old favorites like Wizard101 and Pirate101. 

My hobbies have expanded a bit this past year, and I have a new 360 camera that I've been loving! It's something I can't wait to share with you all, so here's your first sneak peek.


Spin that picture left to right and up and down (and zoom in and out) to get a fun view of my friend's record shop from my recent trip to Utah. Or, if you're really up for the full VR experience, throw on your headset and take a look at it in full VR. Adam was in the process of setting up his new, closet-sized record shop inside a coffee joint, and I was left alone to guard it and catalog it. 360 photos of tight spaces that are chock full of interesting things to look at are fun!

So here we go! It's great to be participating in Blaugust again, and I hope you enjoy coming back daily.

Happy Dueling

5 comments:

Tipa said...

So cool :-)

Stingite said...

@Tipa -- I should find a bridge or two to take a 360 photo of for you. ;)

Tipa said...

Um, yes, please.

Roger Edwards said...

That 360 photo is fascinating. I look forward to further examples. Good luck with Blaugust.

Stingite said...

@Roger -- Thanks!! You too!