Monday, November 1, 2021

Runes of Magic Monster Parade

While playing in Runes of Magic recently, I kept getting announcements every 30 minutes that the monster parade was starting soon and to sign up. I tried to do this before and the game basically told me I needed to be in a spooky monster transformation before I could participate. I ignored that for a bit because . . . I'm a newbie and had no idea what they were talking about.

Cursed to do a parade every year . . . nice.

As it turns out, to get a spooky monster transformation, you need to turn in 10 suspicious looking powder to a ghost in the festival area of Veranas. When I found that out, it all clicked because I had been receiving suspicious looking powder and had no idea what it did until that point.

So I turned in my suspicious powder to the ghost and he gave me a frog transformation potion. Aha! So seeing as it was Halloween, I decided to give the monster parade a go before it got boxed up and put inside Gameforge's virtual holiday closet.

Der . . .

The parade is basically a short journey back and forth between the Veranas Gates and the entrance to the Forsaken Abbey. You stop at 7 points along the parade to collect free items and in-between those 7 points, you'll be fighting some token monsters with your guide.

Sproing!

When you arrive at the Forsaken Abbey, you do battle with Mr. and Ms. Pumpkin themselves and then the parade heads back to the gates.

Mister AND Misses Pumpkin?! Is that where all the little pumpkin pets come from?

At each check point you're given the option of choosing 1 of 3 chests. It appears to not really matter which order you select the chests, it's basically a shell game to receive three chests. One of the chests requires an "ancient key" to open, one of the chests has a chance of giving you an ancient key or some random item, and the third just gives you a random item.

I also played some kind of game in Veranas where you can spook NPCs while disguised as a ghost. Doing that earned me a pumpkin coin. Apparently there are little mini-games like this all over Silverspring (and maybe elsewhere?). You need 10 of those coins and then you can get a little surprise box with a pumpkin pet.

It was pretty fun to at least do one holiday event in an MMO this year! I decided to capitalize on the season and splurge on a new creepy mount, cosmetic clothes, and some bat wings.  I'm looking more like a friendly necromancer/vampire now.

A vampire riding a spider . . . LET'S GO!

Happy Dueling!

No comments: