Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Runes of Magic -- Aslan Valley Explorer

After I had hit 20th level, I could see that a gaggle of new quests were popping up in the nearby zone of Aslan Valley, and since I can't resist bread crumbs (I'm like duck *quack*), I decided to wander over and take a look. When I got there, I dropped a bunch of quests so I could take a bunch of new quests from the friendly band at Qilana Camp.

A couple tents, a fire, and a whole slew of quests

I was recently asked by a guildmate if I'm more of a quester or a leveler. I guess I'm really more of an "in-betweener." aka the fast one of the slow bunch. Sure, I like story and quests just as much as the next guy, but the pull of better, faster, harder, stronger is totally real for me. A definite pro to doing all your quests is that the Title system in Runes of Magic (RoM) is pretty interesting. 

Don't you hate when you earn a new title in a game and it does nothing for you? Well RoM's solution to this is that each Title you earn for your character is worth an additional 5 health points. Case in point, yesterday I finished the "Noise Terminator" badge, and my health rose from 1250 to 1255. It's a battle of inches and over time, the more titles you earn could be the difference between life and experience debt.

"I'll be back," he whispered as he obtained the Noise Terminator badge

Finishing the Noise Terminator badge meant that I spent a lot of time completing all the quests involved with Aslan Valley's Goblin Village, which is found in the northernmost area of the map and just north of Bloodhound Mountain and a Hunters Encampment. The Hunters Encampment is where you'll find most of your goblin hunting quests to earn the badge.

By the end of your Goblin quests, you will have infiltrated their camp, dug deep into Rumpus Mine and then finally wreck their excavation equipment that was causing all the troublesome noise in Aslan Valley. I have to say, being a rogue and being able to sneak down into the mine had its perks here as it is very easy to get overwhelmed by goblins here. What they lack in strength, they make up for in numbers.

How am I able to sneak with those giant wings? It's gotta be Necromancy!

One of my favorite quest lines so far in Aslan Valley has simply been exploring the large river that flows down the center of it, taking water samples, and taking in the cool environment. The zone has a nice topography to it and the large waterfall in the middle of the map is digitally breathtaking.

It's great! (Aside from the poisonous, giant dragonflies and murderous Ents . . .)

Toward the bottom of the map is the city of Silverfall and a large quest area known as The Distillery. I have a bunch of quests to complete here, but unfortunately, I think the bread crumbs pulling me over to Ystra Highlands will be enough temptation that I'll be dropping the back half of the quests here and picking up a new batch of quests in the next zone over.

Happy Dueling!

No comments: