Monday, October 18, 2021

Spellbreak Week Day 5 -- When Quests Collide!

Yesterday's quests had a TON of synergy to them: I really liked how these three lined up! Check it out:

Deal 500 fire power, Activate 5 mana vaults, and finish in the top 15 twice as a pyromancer.  

Now THAT is synergy!

I've never seen quests line up so perfectly. When you see something like this, it feels like you hit the jackpot because I could probably knock these three out in just a few matches if the stars align. Right? The game was like, just play as a Pyromancer and do the stuff you usually do, kid. You got this!

  • 1st match = 17th place. You know, I should have fled after another wizard came in and stole my kill, but my wife was standing behind me waiting impatiently for me to finish up, so . . . suicide attack it was!
Open 5 Mana Vaults?! Easy Stuff.

Intermission: The wife and I went out for a bit and I had a big break. We even ended up at the Austin Record Convention in downtown Austin, and I picked up the Early Demos record from Depeche Mode. (Side note: I love it. Minimal mixes of Depeche Mode before all the glam and lipstick of production were put on.)

crates and crates and crates of old records at the Austin Record Convention

  • 2nd match = 3rd place and 198 damage dealt. I had 0 exiles, but I completed opening 5 mana vaults and my first 1 of 2 top 15 finishes. Again, 3rd place . . . I really need to stop doing this thing where I don't heal up before the final fight. Maybe I'd actually have a shot at 1st place some day.

Exiled as I exile! But remember kids, when rebirth saves you, that's the time to run away . . .

  • 3rd match = 6th place with 614 damage dealt and 2 exiles. It was a great match, and there you go . . . I completed both my remaining quests and I was DONE with quests after 3 matches . . . what magic is this?

I was legitimately tempted by an outfit yesterday. The Farseer is so cool looking.


The Grim Farseer -- Oo! I like this one.

This soothsayer has a super cool looking feathered hat and features these "eye" decorations on head, chest, and belt and the bundle comes with a fortune teller's ball.  It's not "necromancer," but it is awesome.

I found out something yesterday . . . actually two somethings.

1- I google searched outfits and found out there *is* a necromancer skin in Spellbreak called the "baleful necromancer skin."

2- Your breaker's gender bends with the skin. Meaning, there's no male version of the baleful necromancer skin. So if you chose a male look at the beginning of the game and you want to switch, just purchase any skin that has a female base.

Good to know, good to know. 

I also found four other outfits I'd consider Necromancer worthy:

I'd totally wear any of those, but Death Incarnate and Prince of Pestilence are MWHHAA *chef's kiss*. The cool thing about the Prince of Pestilence and Venomous Corruption outfits is that they evolve as you play with them equipped.  As you deal more and more damage, these outfits get cooler looking. The catch is, it has to be toxic damage that you deal.

Happy Dueling!

No comments: