Thursday, October 14, 2021

Spellbreak Week Day 1 -- I need a fresh look

 I decided that this is my week to (once again) really give Spellbreak a go.  I played it for Blaugust and quickly wrote about it, but now that I've kind of divorced myself from Champions Online, I'm really feeling the pull for some quick, competitive Battle Royale play.

Swooping in for the kill

Every day Spellbreak gives you three daily objectives, and I'm going to let that be my guide during play this coming week. For yesterday, that meant dealing 500 points of Frost damage, opening 10 chests as a frostborn, and opening 10 chests as a stoneshaper.  

Dropping in to grab the BIG chest -- bold move, sir

The hardest of these daily quests was dealing 500 points of Frost Damage because . . . gonna be honest here team, I'm not that great. THAT SAID! I did get a couple max damage shots here and there with the ice arrow, and that felt pretty great.

I never got a first place victory in my games yesterday, but I did get pretty close a handful of times. For a Battle Royale, most of the time you're NOT going to win . . . that's just how it goes. My placements yesterday were as follows:

  • 2nd
  • 8th
  • 10th
  • 36th <-- ooph
  • 22nd <-- ugh
  • 36th <--dang
  • 4th
  • 2nd

To be honest, those losses in the middle were more from me trying to complete the daily quest than anything else. Concentrating on dealing frost damage put me at more of a disadvantage than trying to tactically have a better placement on the leaderboard.

In exchange for completing my quests, I got a whopping 15 gold, which isn't much in the grand scheme of things. To buy anything really noteworthy in the shop, you're going to need at least 1000 gold and that would buy you something basic.

I do like the look of that Wayward Sorcerer

As you rank up, you get a lot more gold (I think 50 gold per rank), and that's probably where the majority of your earned income comes from in game. If I found a suitable "Friendly Necromancer" skin for my character, I'd probably dive into the cash shop so I could stop looking like a noob and get a skin I really want to wear.

That Arcane Trickster outfit though!

Spellbreak truly is the first Battle Royale that I've really wanted to get into, so I'm happy to finally be playing. 

Happy Dueling!

2 comments:

Tipa said...

Did you ever play Fall Guys? As far as Battle Royales go, it's pretty fun. Played it a couple times with folks from my FFXIV FC.

Stingite said...

I played the pre-cursor to Fall Guys . . . it's called Roblox. ;)

My kids bought the game and I played a couple rounds on their accounts. I need to get an account of my own!