*shivers* PTSD from being a CM
I muted that server quickly and got on with some real-life stuff for a bit. Later I checked back and, sure enough, the servers were back online and ready for my mass destruction of Najena. I started a nice little circuit defeating the Widowmistress (is it just me or would Webmistress have had a bit more comedic flair).
Kick to the back!
She doesn't drop any gear I'd be interested in currently, but I collected her caster gear just on the off chance that someday I respec with some Magician or Wizard. Eventually I went back to the prison area and had my revenge for the other day, and much to my surprise, I found a throwing weapon I was interested in!
I honestly was hoping to find a throwing axe, but I'll take a throwing knife.
All of that led to me defeating Rathyl (and his second incarnation) and collecting the key to Najena's room . . . the final boss I'd need to defeat to say I was officially done with Najena. I mean, I could grind here a bit defeating Ekeros to buff up that throwing knife a bit or farm Najena to buff up the Clawed Knuckle Ring, but that all feels secondary to quick leveling to be honest.
Najena isn't easy at level 29, that's for sure. Her room has a total of six enemies, well, two mages, herself, and three pets. Separating them and not getting rooted in place is actually pretty tricky. I died a few times, which made me say ENOUGH, and restart the solo instance with the non-respawning mobs option. I figure if I'm going to die, then I could at least take out one of the mages and make it easier on myself the next time around . . . and that's exactly what happened.
At the end of it all, I had dinged 30 and decided it was time to head to the guks. This was such a confusing area for me when I was playing original EverQuest. At the time I was a cleric glued to my spell book and there was hardly any chance to get to know this place well. My friends were leveling like crazy here, but by the time I made it to that level, they were done with guk and on to better conning pastures. (I think I'm still burnt about being behind the leveling curve.) So, once again, I'm getting my feet wet in an old area that a lot of people already know like the back of their hand.
Trying to make me croak!
Of important note! I recently picked up two game-changing AA abilities. One is Quick Buff. The other is the Unholy Steed for the Shadow Knight. If you don't know what Quick Buff is, basically you load up your spell bar with buffs, click Quick Buff, and it auto-casts every buff you have simultaneously on you and your pet (and every group member if you're in a group). Such a time saver. Luckily I also investing AAs in increasing the size of my spell bar. Between Cleric, Beastlord, and Shadowknight, I have a TON of buffs I can cast.
As for the Unholy Steed. Well, it's a mount. Thanks, I love it!
I just need a sidecar for my warder now . . .
Happy Dueling!




1 comment:
quick buff is great!
i wish i could use it twice before it went on CD. I can't fit all my SHM buffs on the bar with all my NEC/SHK permanent buffs!
Post a Comment