My typical birthday celebration consisted of two things: Eating at Spaghetti Factory and watching an IMAX film. Although I didn't do either of those things yesterday, I did see a movie a couple days before and eat at ye' old Spaghetti Factory three weeks ago, so . . . it still counts!
We saw Spider-Man Brand New Day with myself, uber wife, my middle kiddo, and my youngest. It was a pretty good show and well worth the price of admission to see it on the big screen. I'm happy we splurged instead of waiting for Netflix. After the show, my youngest (who really isn't much of a Spider-Man fan) called up my oldest (who was instead at a local con with a friend) to declare that "They finally did it! They finally made a good Spider-Man Movie!" High praise from him!
We almost got in the car to make the 40 minute drive to Spaghetti Factory, but I've been craving some Jet's Pizza and offered that up as an alternative. I'd never had Jet's pizza before . . . not bad! It kind of reminds me of what Pizza Hut used to taste like before it went downhill.
Mostly what I did yesterday was play more EverQuest Legends (Ding 20) and throw axes at my new birthday gift!
I paid my buddy (the infamous Dylan) to build me an axe throwing target for my birthday as yet another "in spite of" cancer activity. For those that don't know the story, when I first came down with pains from my lung cancer, I thought it was from going on an axe throwing excursion. It was pretty odd. All the inflammation around the lining of my lungs was somehow causing pain in my upper right shoulder in a very specific spot. After a month of wasting my time and money at a Chiropractor, a couple x-rays and a CAT Scan confirmed it was actually cancer. To those ends, I have a new axe throwing target I can take out my aggression on. (It also helps that one of my favorite D&D characters I played used to specialize in throwing axes at stuff.)
Good times, and I'm happy to still be throwing axes, writing blog posts, and playing EverQuest!
Happy Dueling
1 comment:
I was about to say "hey, those sound familiar, you might live near me..." But, as it turns out, Spaghetti Factory and Jet's Pizza are both more widespread than I ever realized. I think I could count on one hand how many times I've been to either one over ~40 years.
Regardless, happy birthday.
Post a Comment