Friday, March 4, 2022

Of Korris! It's no problem in Runes of Magic

And just like that . . . another island in the Shamtaem Archipelago has been cleared of quests by the Vampire slash Telekinetic known as Stingite in that crazy MMO known as Runes of Magic. 

Korris . . . it's like a poptart. Frosting on the top half, and Regrets on the bottom half.

Well, I cleared it all but two quests up there near the entrance to Ice Blade Plateau.  That's a dungeon. I'd just need to convince a group of high level friends to go clear it with me before I could really call Korris complete, but this is close enough for jazz.

Korris is kind of an interesting island. For some reason, half of the island is covered in snow and the other half is a jungle.  

Hillwatch camp down in southern Korris. They watch hills here.

Why's it so crazy?  Well, I blame the League of Inexorable Gentlemen! That's right, the Inexorable League continues to be our main antagonist as we travel through the end zones of Runes of Magic.

It's freezing up here in Northern Korris. She really needs to put on a jacket.

As it turns out, The Inexorable League was conducting experiments on creatures in the Shadow Camp of Tasuq to "measure their spatial magic adaptability" . . . whatever that means. Seriously, some of these quests are like reading a technical manual on how to gaslight players. 

Said . . . what?!

Basically, the Inexorable League won over the cyclops and minotaur tribes to their cause. The cyclopes are just power hungry. The minotaurs involvement was a bit more . . . hard to understand. Because of this, the good guys, aka the Hand of Balance, need your help with all kinds of crazy stuff in Korris.

One of those crazy stuffs is a great daily quest that my guildie, Misstreat, showed me, and I've been running circles in Korris ever since. Minong Marluqi in the Icefog Camp wants you to take Fluctuation Sensor readings in two locations, one down in the warm area of Korris, and one in the cold area of Korris. Yes, you are playing a fantasy game, and no, this isn't Star Trek; although, I gotta say, a Fluctuation Sensor kinda sounds more sci-fi than fantasy.

That's "Minong Marluqi" or "M&M" for short.

Run that quest 10 times a day and you'll end up with 8.3 million exp and 1.1 million gold. Easy stuff.

All in all, I enjoyed questing through Korris.  The difficulty in the game keeps ratcheting up and sure enough Korris is a bit more difficult than Tasuq, but with the passing of time and a couple premium currency purchases, I'm staying ahead of the curve and surviving the best I can.

I like the variety of enemies you can find in this zone and who doesn't love killing cyclops, right?

Just LOOK at that cute, little stupid face! 

To be honest, and I'm pretty sure you can tell this by my lack of posting lately, I've been busy and haven't been playing a ton of Runes of Magic. Currently the hot thing to do in game is to (once again) farm Coins of Petals. You can turn in 800 coins a day for 8 orbs of 5 million peak experience. Crazy, right? Even crazier, this event is going on all month. This all seems to be part of their 13th anniversary for the game. woot!

So that's it for Korris and it's now on to Enoch.  I've already quested through the main line there, but I still have to conquer those sidequests . . . should be fun!

Happy Dueling!

No comments: