Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Blaugust Prep Week -- Looking for inspiration? Use your Tools!

One thing that's great about Blogspot (and probably Wordpress too -- I'm less familiar with that blogging platform's tools) is that it gives you a nice page of your blog's statistics.  Here's a quick sneak peek under the hood of the Friendly Necromancer blog.


That's all pretty straight-forward, but the one tool I want to point you to is found under the heading called Traffic Sources. Within that heading is a great piece of information called "Search Keywords."



So, people that searched my blog and landed there were mostly looking for Wizard101 information. Some of those topics I covered a long time ago and they still get hits, but there is at least one search term that grabbed my eye . . . and that's the Gems of War one.

I actually feel a bit bad for that person. They searched my blog hoping for a guide or at least some insight into building a good necromancer team, and I failed 'em. Instead all they found was me rambling on about how great of a game Gems of War is. So now it's decided!  During Blaugust I'm definitely going to have a post on exactly that.

As for the other search terms . . . there's some outdated information, some good information, and some information that I haven't gone into detail on yet, but I do have some good links to where you can get information:


I really like using that Search Keywords tool for finding out at least why people come to my page, and in my case it's 80 percent to find out old school information about Wizard101. And, now I have a topic I can add to my list of things to write about during Blaugust.

Happy Dueling!

No comments: