Saturday, October 28, 2023

No More Rainbows: Halloween Treats and Campaign Completion

I had a pretty great week in No More Rainbows. After throwing my hands down at maximum velocity for several hours, I'm here to proudly say with my sore rotator cuff muscles that I have completed the game! You heard me right! Campaign completion has been achieved.

DIE EGG KING!

To be honest though, I wasn't even sure at first if I was going to be able to even *get* to the final levels of the game because just reaching the levels inside the world is a bit of a challenge. As it turns out, you've gotta get the downward push force just right with only one hand and a lot of reaching forward to land and balance on top of some of these random pipes and things.

Anyway, world four is a land of conveyer belts and scalding hot pipes with a side of freaking laser beams, and the best level to illustrate this madness is the very last one of the game. It's truly a crazy level where chunks of all three previous worlds are thrown down in front of you as you dodge laser beam eyes from the all too happy Egg King. 


I've yet to be able to single star this thing in any capacity, but hey, I did beat it at least! The level works in three sections and is kind of like a double length level compared to all the rest. After the end of each section, you punch a rainbow-spewing humpty dumpty and smack the king right in the kisser. At the end of three punches, you've won the game.

It's truly an epic ending to a great game. A movie plays after you defeat the boss and then the credits roll. Game over. The next time you return to your central area, the egg boss is sitting in the hands of your center Beast statue and you get to punch his dead head over and over again. GET OUT ALL THAT RAGE, KIDS!

Victory tastes so sweet . . . and also smells of eggs.

Much to my surprise, the same day I beat the final boss, No More Rainbows also gave us a free Halloween surprise in the form of a maze game called Bisou's Backroom, which you could either play by yourself or with others in a competitive mode.

Spooky maze lies within!

I played a bit of the new maze and got thoroughly lost and died when Bisou caught up to me and punched me back to the beginning of the maze. I'm just happy to see some free content to celebrate a holiday! That's pretty great! More please!

I'm not sure if I'll go on to 100 percent this game, but I may try to at least earn another skin and maybe unlock a couple cosmetics. For now I'm just happy I sent that Egg Boss packing.

Happy Dueling! 

2 comments:

Nimgimli said...

Congrats on finishing the campaign!

Stingite said...

Thanks, Nim! Feels pretty great!