Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Level 84 -- Prime Drops with a side of What to do next in Diablo IV

Just checking back in to say I'm now Level 84 in Diablo . . . I'm also Keeper level 23 in Niantic's cuter AR mobile game, Peridot, but for some reason I don't think you care about that. 

Laser pointers and Peridot, entertaining the human and the cat at the same time.

I personally find the need to level to 100 non-existent. Honestly, it makes zero difference to me if I hit the level cap or not. The reality of the end game is that it's all about paragon points, gear, and glyphs. The hope is that once you reach level 100 you'll be able to take on Uber Lilith in the End Cap dungeon of Tier IV. Mmm . . . it's not enough motivation for me yet. Maybe in the future. 

My guess is that it's going to be ok to stop leveling here at level 85 and just be patient. Eventually the Devs will add some extra end-game system flavor and then it'll be fun to work through those last 15 levels. I don't think that'll happen soon. 

OH Hey! Did you all get the Prime Gaming Bundle for Diablo IV?! I actually really like the look of the Brackish Fetch Mount Armor Bundle. It matches my favorite area in the game. 

Free is Free! Better pick that up!

So, the question then becomes . . . if all I have in me is the strength to level my druid 1 more level, what comes next? June 2023 was absolutely consumed with Diablo IV, and trying to make Earth Magic Sexy. When I wasn't playing Diablo IV, I was thinking about Diablo IV. So, let's explore my options:

1- Just step away until Season 1 hits -- absolutely viable. I've got a ton of games to play and especially VR games. might be good to go on hiatus and just start stocking up posts for Blaugust. (Assuming there will be a Blaugust 2023 announced any day now.)

2- Re-spec my Druid -- I made Earth magic sexy, but now I could really experiment with the other builds that are out there. I don't think I'd try to suffer my way through it all on my own again. I think I'd probably go with a guide's build and see how it goes.

3- Play a different class -- The new underdog class seems to be the Sorcerer! It could be fun to give that one a try, but I might just save it for Season 1.

4- Take suggestions from you all -- Remember the good ol' days when the crew gave me a list of games to try? April 2021 was where it was at!  My readers had me playing Pokemon Red and Donkey Kong Country. That was such a fun time! Two games I would have never tried unless you all suggested them.

Anyway, thank you all for reading and cheering me on. It's always appreciated.

Happy Dueling!

No comments: