Thursday, July 13, 2023

Battle Bows has officially launched!

Really excited to announce that Battle Bows is now live on Steam and Oculus! Our Launch Trailer has been published on IGN, and I even was asked to help make a developer tips and tricks video for new players to watch! Check it out!


It all started back in March 2022 when the Design team at WIMO constructed a pitch deck that presented 10 ideas to the company for analysis. The game idea that rose to the top is what would become Battle Bows as launched today!

Open open open open

I had the honor to be part of the initial team that led the charge to experiment with WIMO's first VR game, and yeah, I absolutely look back to those days with fondness. There's nothing quite like shooting a white polygon noodle out of a controller like it's an arrow. 

I transitioned out of working on outsourced mobile games to strictly working on VR games at that time, and then full production hit in late 2022. Things went much faster with an entire dedicated team and some funding behind it. 

The game turned out great and has been polished and optimized with a lot of care. The game also considers those that may get sick in VR with some built in accessibility features -- you won't have to move around much, further minimizing VR sickness. With its accessibility, multiplayer, and fun style, we're hoping it makes a great party game that the whole family can enjoy.

If you have a VR headset, please jump in and give it a shot. If you're looking for more Battle Bows videos, check out a few of them that were posted before the game launched.
Congratulations to the whole team at WIMO! Everyone did an amazing job and created a really fun VR game.

Happy Dueling!

7 comments:

Tipa said...

PSVR2 please!!!!

Stingite said...

Your request has been duly noted! :) Thanks, Tipa!

Nimgimli said...

Congrats on the launch! Great price too.

Now spill all the dirt on Quest 3, please! :)

Stingite said...

NIMGIMLI! I know as much about the Quest 3 as you do. :) Good to see you. Been loving your Dragonchaser posts on VR games.

Nimgimli said...

OK I tried to share a Facebook post but that failed so.... I just played my first round and was trying to share a shot of my scoreboard. I didn't do so great but man are my arms tired!

Like so many VR games, watching it, it looks OK. But then playing it is like "Whoa, this is awesome!"
I will now stop spamming your blog. :)

Stingite said...

YES! I'm glad you picked it up and are liking it! Let me know if you want to do a private hosted game sometime.

Nimgimli said...

I *think* I am Nimgimli on the Quest. Send me a friend request!