Sunday, November 13, 2022

Falling with Style - The Guild Wars 2 Griffon

Hey! Well, it's been a fun couple of days in Guild Wars 2 over the weekend! I spent a bunch of time today finishing up world map completion and also earning the infamous Griffon mount. That's right, I earned one of the HARD ones. *flex*

Time to Fall . . . with style!

For the most part, the somewhat arduous quest chain to get the Griffon is a solo effort, but there are a handful of group events that absolutely cannot be soloed. That said, I think I was lucky yesterday. There seemed to be plenty of people out and about doing the group events. And when there wasn't, the clouds would part, the universe aligned, and suddenly a stranger would pass by and help me with a more difficult boss as if pre-destined to happen . . . aka, the luck o' the necromancer.

So, yeah, I actually had a really fun time hunting down all the bits and pieces needed to learn how to tame and ride a griffon, and that final battle to obtain your griffon was epic!

I'm helping preserve the species . . . not just get myself a cool mount

To boil it all down, in each of the five zones of Path of Fire, you need to buy two 25gp items from faction vendors, collect 3 to 5 eggs from griffon perches, and complete 2-3 events.  Once you do this, you travel to the Dark Library, defeat 11 elites to gather 11 keys, and open 11 hidden chests for books. THEN, you do an amazing battle with the Champion Mordant Crescent Hierarch (whomever that is) and badda bing badda boom, you got yourself a griffon.

Death to all Champion mordant Crescent Hierarchs who oppose me!

Just have to say . . . it is a little weird that you have to pay 250 gold along with completing the quest steps to get your griffon. I mean, isn't just buying the expansion and doing all the quests enough?  It's fine though, I'll jump through your hoops ArenaNet. It's fine.

And it's all worth it for the ability to swoop underneath bridges with my cool new mount!

You better believe I'm flying under ALL the bridges in GW2!

Because I had done so much exploring while getting the griffon mount, it wasn't too bad just finishing everything up with map exploration and getting that achievement for expansion completion as well. Done and done.

So, it appears that my next objectives will be finishing up Living World Season 4 content so that I can get the other difficult to get mounts.  LET'S DO THIS!

Happy Dueling!

No comments: