Friday, November 11, 2022

Earning Mounts-a-Plenty in Guild Wars 2

I've been going back through the zones of Path of Fire and earning as much Mastery Experience as I can. That and unlocking Mastery Points are pretty essential for acquiring and leveling the myriad of mounts that are available to you in this expansion. 

What?!?! I own the PVP mount?!?! That's so unlike me.

Can we just marvel for a second at how impressive the mounts are in Guild Wars 2? Each mount type has its own function, mastery track, movement style, and more skins than you can shake your wallet at. 

Skimming around with my old buddy Clever Clara

To explain it briefly, most mounts are unlocked from a vendor by completing a faction quest. Once you can purchase your mount, you buy its base model for in game gold.  This unlocks 5 levels of mastery that improve the mount with each level of mastery.  If you obtain the last level of mastery, a trait of the mount is applied to all your mounts.  It's kind of genius.

Thank you Jackal Mount for this hidden mastery point in the sky

So now I own the raptor, the skimmer, the springer, the jackal, and the pvp mount known as the warclaw. I still need to earn the griffon, the roller beetle, the skyscale, and the siege turtle. In other words, I have the easy ones.

That all said, I'm having the most fun with this jackal mount!  I love all the custom puzzles they've built in the game for this mount and magically blinking around on it is an absolute blast.

This view brought you courtesy of the jackal mount . . .

Don't you worry, reader . . . the challenge of the more difficult mounts means only one thing for The Friendly Necromancer . . . BRING IT ON!  I love a good challenge.

Happy Dueling!

No comments: