Friday, October 21, 2022

Finishing Heart of Thorns -- Onward to Path of Fire

I just finished up the storyline content for Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns last night. It was an epic battle to defeat the dragon Mordremoth from the inside out by attacking it within its mind.

Press F for Delivering the Death Blow AND Respects

I am, of course, seven years late on this content since Heart of Thorns released way back in 2015. I went back on my timeline and decided to look and see what had my attention instead of this expansion, and it looks like Team Spode had just made the decision to jump into DCUO again after our stint in Guild Wars 2.

Really, it's Team Spode that has brought me back in to Guild Wars 2 all these years later! It's where we're playing on Sunday nights these days. Last Sunday we were checking out the re-released Living World Season 1 content. It was a huge flashback to those old days. I did all that content back in the day, but apparently they've brought it back (it was limited time previously) and attached new rewards to it.

Guild Wars 2 -- it gives me that old Taimi Feeling

I gotta say, most "rewards" are a bit meaningless to me all these years later. My bank is chock full of trinkets and things I'll never use but earned as a reward sometime in the past. It's that very thing that makes me look at the achievement list for Heart of Thorns and think . . . yeah . . . do I care about that anymore? I mean, it might be cool to earn an exclusive back item for completing all the hard to do story achievements, but it'll just end up as another meaningless trinket in my bank.

Now that I've finished up the story in Heart of Thorns proper, next up is Living World Season 3 content and Path of Fire. I'd decided to skip Living World Season 3 for the time being and just jump into the Path of Fire. I want to get that hopping mount and the skimmer mount from working through the story. Now THOSE I want.  Not the billions of toilet paper rolls and skeleton illusion potions I'm getting in game for Halloween. That stuff is just bank fodder.

Setting sail to Path of Fire -- Man that makes me pine for Eberron and DDO

Anyway, just thought I'd do a quick post to say, yes, I'm still alive and look at me, I'm playing Guild Wars 2! LOL. 

Happy Dueling!

No comments: