Monday, May 15, 2023

Time to ROLL OUT with the Roller Beetle in GW2

After my last ordeal with getting the Skyscale, I have to tell you how nice it was to earn this mount. In comparison, getting the Roller Beetle Mount is super easy. In fact, it was fun! 

Rolling out with the Roller Beetle!

No nested achievements hidden inside of achievements here, the Roller Beetle is just straightforward and not bad to earn at all.

Basically, you just need to complete the second mission in the third episode of your Season 4 story to begin. Gorrik and Blish are stationed at the Northern end of the Allied Encampment in the Domain of Kourna, and they'll be your quest givers as you make your way toward beetledom.

Basically you need to grab 9 types of beetle juice, gather 7 components for a beetle saddle, and then feed your beetle 7 treats from around the world. Done and done.

I gave Petey a nice greenish Yellow paint job.

I mean, yeah . . . some of the components involve defeating group content, but, I have to say, shouting in the Map channel always seemed to gather support. Probably the suckiest of them all was the Alpha Beetle in Far Silverwastes.  I shouted for help, and all I managed to get was one other person.  On the other hand, we managed to take care of it just with the two of us. 

Look at all these crazy people. What are they even doing here?

The great thing about the Roller Beetle is that crazy speed you can get from it. I was reading through a few of the tricks people had found to get max speed with their beetle and it seems pretty fun to ride and race.

So now that I've earned the Roller Beetle, all that's left to earn (as far as mounts go) are the Siege Turtle and the Skiff. To get those, I need to move on to End of Dragons content, which I haven't done yet. 

It's a long list of mounts!

There's definitely more left to do for me in Guild Wars 2! At least for now I can get from point A to point B just a little bit faster.

Happy Dueling!

2 comments:

Bhagpuss said...

The roller beetle access quest is pretty much ideal. I remember posting about how much I enjoyed it at the time. I also enjoyed the Griffin one, although that is a bit longer and people complained about the gold cost.

The Skyscale is insane. I wouldn't touch it. Apparently I'm in a tiny minority in feeling that way, though, because it seems like just about everyone has one. I absolutely loathe epic quests, wherever they appear. If it takes more than a session I'm really not interested. I was the only cleric in my EQ guild who point-blank refused to do the Epic back in the day and, since we weren't a raiding guild, it made absolutely no difference to my experience at all. I got more groups than I could handle and was reckoned a very safe pair of hands. Similarly in GW2, I haven't felt the lack of a "flying" mount at any point, although I suspect that in the future there will lbe content designed to be impossible without one. Similarly, I've never bothered with any of the Legendary weapons or armor because it's just not needed to do the content and the process of acquiring it isn't fun to me.

The Siege Turtle, from what I've read, is in a similar category to the Skyscale. Not going to do that one, either. The Skiff, though, is extremely easy and quick to get. I did that one and I can't even remember what it involved.

Stingite said...

The almost zero gold cost for the Roller Beetle was surprising after everything I went through for the other cool mounts. I liked that for sure.

Thanks for the insights on The Siege Turtle. I may save that one for last!