Monday, September 19, 2022

29th Anniversary -- Natural Bridge Caverns Trip

Hey all! Dropping a quick "real life" post today to say that yesterday was my wife's and my 29th anniversary of being married!  To celebrate we decided to take a trip down to Canyon Lake, Texas. It was actually pretty surprising how wonderful and peaceful it was there. I don't know if it was considered off season in the middle of September, but it was pretty uncrowded and only a few boats were cruising around the lake. Bliss.

We didn't actually get in the lake while we were there, but we had a lot of serene moments just hiking around, throwing rocks in the water, and watching the water ripple toward us. 

While we were there we took a 30-minute detour to visit a wonderful location called the Natural Bridge Caverns. This was actually a very impressive cave tour that took us 18 stories underground. Hiking down wasn't too big of a deal, but climbing back up was quite the work out.

This was again a fantastic time for me to break out the 360 camera.  Check out these impressive Cavern Rooms we toured!

 
   
 

Unfortunately my camera ran out of battery life about half way through the tour. I would have liked to have snagged a 360 picture of the final hike up a cavern room that was truly impressive. I could have easily seen a D&D setting here where a roper or two ambushed the party.

I could see us heading back to this spot for a weekend getaway again in the future. If you're in Texas and looking for some bliss, this type of trip might just be the thing you need.

Happy Dueling!

No comments: