Monday, April 4, 2022

Spiritcaller, Icywiz, and Stingite vs. New World

Imagine my happiness and surprise when I saw my good friends Steven Spiritcaller and Icywiz (of Spiral Radio fame) streaming some New World!  Also imagine the good fortune of them playing on the exact server I had already started playing on before my friend lost interest in the game.  Awesome!

Before you knew it, I was logged on and hanging out with 'em like we were the three musketeers.

It's a brave New World, friends!

The only bad thing here is that they have awesome colonial names and I'm "Stingite." waaaa waaaaaaa! Yeah, Name change isn't a thing in New World, but perhaps someday I can match the awesome names of Eudoria Wells and Ewan Hardcastle . . . get on that Amazon! *snaps fingers to encourage haste*

The main reasons my friend, Tess, stopped playing New World seems to be lack of variety in quests and the projected disappointment when there was to be an eventual lack of content at high level. 

That's it . . . that's all there is . . .

That's fair. While the lack of content at high level will most likely be addressed in the future, I doubt the treadmill to get there will be changed. It all has a kind of LOTRO vibe about it where you kill wolves, then more wolves, then bigger badder wolves, then the biggest of baddest wolves, and then the epic of the biggest badder wolves.  At least that's how it feels in the beginning of the game. Some don't mind, and some would rather kill crazy looking varied creatures. *shrug*

I will say that following the main quest line has run us into some pretty awesome undead, and perhaps that is what was missing for my friend. If you stick in one area and just do the city quests and faction quests, well, it can all get pretty same-y pretty quickly.

The great thing about last weekend was that it was double xp and double weapon xp! 

YES PLEASE!

With that, it wasn't much work for me to advance from level 18 to level 24 with only moderate play time. I was also able to unlock a penultimate skill with my firestaff that slaps down a rune underneath me that increases my damage by 25%. 

HELIOS!!

Rumor has it that Steven and Icy will be continuing their journeys in New World throughout the week, but I also hear they're feeling the pull of ARK as well.  I'm just happy I was able to play with my old friends again.

Happy Dueling!

3 comments:

Steve said...

I do think we'll be playing some Lost Ark, but I know I had too much fun with New World not to come back a lot!

Anonymous said...

I've played both and still went back to Project Gorgon because it was just so fun. Now they've added mounts and saddlery, but animals can't use mounts so not sure how interested you'd be in trying that out.

Stingite said...

@Anon: I might be interested in coming back to check that out!