Thursday, December 9, 2021

Double Freaking EXP in Runes of Magic

Last weekend in Runes of Magic was pretty crazy. Everyone in the game was pretty down about Gameforge removing the free gift that players were getting on a weekly basis. Inside that gift were a couple of really essential items: a free 7-Day return to guild stone and a free 7-Day return to home stone. They had been giving this gift away ever since I joined the game and probably had this reward running for a long time before that. The word on the street was that the free gift was permanent! Alas . . .

Thus . . . Guild Chat was whining. World Chat was whining. Discord was whining. Then Gameforge did the ol' bait and switch on us. (I'm familiar with the Bait and Switch . . . Lessah and I have been running it lately in FarCry 6.)

Magically and with no announcement there was a weekend of what felt like 250% experience gains for all quests and enemies! Let me tell you, it was heaven on earth in Runes of Magic for me last weekend, and I couldn't even devote that much time to the game! I was busy last weekend for the most part, but I still managed to gain 6 levels or so between my Rogue side and my Mage side. It was exactly what I needed to break through the experience doldrums of level 58/59.

Me during extra experience weekend . . .

So, I'm budgeting myself in Runes of Magic and playing the shop as if I was playing a subscription game. I'm going to try my hardest to not go over my $20 allowance each month while I'm playing, but I blew a ton of that allowance on this experience weekend.

My allowance money was mostly spent grinding daily quests by buying extra daily quest tickets.  You see, in Runes of Magic you can only do 10 daily quests a day.  There's a super easy daily quest that gives a glut of experience points in comparison to the other daily quests in the game, and when you couple that with ROM running 250% experience, it was amazing. I ran it 100 times over the weekend, and I'm not embarrassed to say that, but it feels like I should be.  It was WORTH it to me because I really like this game when the exp is flowing in happily. NO SHAME IN MY GAME!

Now for the rest of the story . . . Gameforge brought back the daily gift during the unannounced experience weekend, but this time we aren't getting the two essential items anymore . . . now you're getting a few transport runes and some minor things. As far as I can tell, the experience weekend plus the "return" of the nerfed daily gift seemed to quiet the whining.

Relatable content

To make matters more interesting, yesterday the Autumn gifts and ostriches-a-plenty were put away, and today the Christmas decorations filled the towns of Runes of Magic. Santa has arrived and new gifts are being stuffed into players rented backpacks!

But the best gift of all will be happening on the following days:

  • Between December 10th (12:00 AM) time and December 12th (11:59 PM server local time) you will gain +100% boost in drop rates.
  • Between December 17th (12:00 AM) time and December 19th (11:59 PM server local time) you will gain +150% Experience from quests and mobs and +150% talent points from mobs.
  • Between December 24th (12:00 AM) and January 2nd, 2022 (11:59 PM server local time) you will gain + 300% Experience from quests and mobs, +300% talent points from mobs, and a +200% boost in drop rates.
  • Between January 6th (12:00 AM) and January 9th, 2022 (11:59 PM server local time) you will gain + 150% Experience from quests and mobs, +150% talent points from mobs, and a +100% boost in drop rates.

It's a beautiful list of bonuses that are sure to make any Runes of Magic player happy. Oh sure, there's other Christmas events going on for the Snowflake Festival, but that list . . . that's where it's really at.

Me from December 24th to January 2nd

Happy Dueling!

No comments: