Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Overwatch Night Redux and Holiday Thoughts

The KI Krushers (no, we really don't call ourselves that) started our 2021 season with a bang, smack, and a heal last night -- just like it was 2018!

Since there were only 5 of the 6 from our standard team representing, we opted for Quick Play instead of Competitive matches.

5 up, 3 down! I'll take it!

Those wins helped me finish up the last of the holiday event and snag the Frosty the Roadhog skin on the final night.

Hideously jolly, ain't he?

Earlier in the week I played a good couple of hours with The Art of Warlord and Renee Wooften, and I when I'm with that group, I'm all about playing Reinhardt. Because of that, I went ahead and spent my coins on the Conductor skin, which was one of the three that I wanted from the event. It's all good. I'll eventually get the zen and the torb skins I wanted -- unless Overwatch 2 comes out and we stop playing Vanilla Overwatch altogether.

Choo choo!!! Tickets please! *bleep* kill sound

That said, it'll be interesting to see what 2021 does to Overwatch. The word on the Internets is that Beta will begin sometime this year and that Overwatch 2 will be released "late 2021." I'm imagining late 2021 is very late 2021. When it happens, I imagine the whole gang will jump over and want to try something new.  As for Overwatch itself, I don't know . . . we'll probably get a new hero, a bunch of new skins, a couple new holiday mode games, and a couple maps?  Maybe?!  Sounds reasonable, doesn't it?

What I do know is that Lunar New Year is coming up in February and we'll be getting some new skins for the event. Master Ian Gamer crafted up a "skins prediction" excel graph in a recent video. He's putting his bets on Symmetra, Bastion, Soldier 76, and Orisa.  He also points out that being the year of the "Metal Ox," Orisa would be the PERFECT candidate. I have to agree. He's right, she is basically a metal ox. It's a missed opportunity otherwise.

Happy Dueling!

No comments: