Wednesday, February 27, 2019

The Friendly Necromancer Cosplay Outfit

So a few months ago I was joking around with my buddy Morgrim about how funny it would be to see myself dressed up in a Thomas Lionblood cosplay. So I started thinking . . . huh . . . wonder how much that'd set me back? It's never too late to start thinking ahead to Halloween, right?

I'd call this look the "classic" Thomas Lionblood look (minus the weapon . . . it needs to be a terminus staff)



Straight outta 2009 Wizard City, y'all!

So let's break it down:

step 1: blue hair mullet wig -- I think I could get away with some trimming up this $15 blue mullet wig.



step 2: santa boots -- next up, maybe drop $47 on these Santa boots . . . could probably do that cheaper with some regular boots and a hot glued strip of faux white fur . . .


step 3: heavy black coat with gold buttons on the collar -- man, it's a stretch, but $60 for this Double Breasted Long Pea Coat could do it.  There would need to be a lot more work done, like button changing, hot glue and faux white fur, and the addition of a couple of big patches on the shoulders.



step 4: black jester hat -- ok, this I could probably find for cheaper at a renfaire . . . but $54 for this hat on etsy would be a start, right? It'd need the death school treatment and some jingle bells added at the tips.


step 5: silly skeleton wraith staff -- Really hard to recreate or at least find something readily available -- I guess this $23 Maleficent Staff would be a good starting point.




Step 6: The two leather pouches . . . Hmmmm . . . this one's tough. I imagine they're used for holding decks of cards, so maybe a couple of these $28 leather iPhone cases might do the trick.


So ~$250 later (figuring in tax and shipping and whatnot), I could totally do a Friendly Necromancer cosplay! ;)

I'd look so goofy.

Happy Dueling!

2 comments:

Chrissy The Blesser said...

I think you would look PERFECT! Who knows, you may even top Malistaire.

Stingite said...

ROFL, Chrissy! I doubt I could top Retired Malistaire, but if it lead to a super funny video . . . totally worth it.