Thursday, February 23, 2012

PvP Scoreboards!

I can't take credit for this idea at all, but I have to say, I wish I could. So the other day Uber Wife was hanging out in the pvp ring and she leans over to me and says, "I wish they had a scoreboard so I could see the health of the people fighting." OH MY GOSH YES!

After that she kind of started to flesh out how this thing would work. Basically this wouldn't be anything that the pvp'ers in the thick of the battle would need to see. What this would be is . . . kind of like a jumbo tron when you go to a basketball game, right?


Or perhaps something like a laser tag scoreboard near the pvp ring for all those sitting outside the ring.


It would show the name of the person in the ring and their health, and that's it. You don't need to show off a person's class or any other stats (you know, to avoid people yelling out what classes people are) . . . name and health alone would be just fine.

It's incredibly hard to look down at the ring and try to guage what's happening as it is currently. A quick look at the names and the health would be a huge boost to viewing pvp matches as a bystander. And maybe to make a little money for KI, throw it into the crown shop and allow us to buy them for our houses to put by our PvP rings. /shrug

What do you think?

Happy dueling!

3 comments:

Swashbuckler Soultamer said...

Awesome idea! A scoreboard would be a lot easier than whipping out my calculator and doing estimation and percentage. I think it would (be going overboard, but) funny to also be able to see how many times a player has been 'resurrected'.
Des

taliesinharps said...

That reminds me of something from Guildwars. GW has a spectator feature for GvG (guild vs. guild) matches, but it would allow you to view the match from a participating players perspective. I think if wiz 101 were to incorporate this method then it would be so awesome that there are no words to describe it.

ShiroTagachi said...

That is an amazing idea! Plus they could have it show the spell being cast up close on the screen.