Friday, July 3, 2009

Fwd: A Message from Cyrus Drake

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

Hello students.. 

I am hearing loud and clear the message that many of you do not approve of the enhanced boss fights, or at least the way in which they were implemented. 

The idea behind these was not to make the game more "hardcore", more difficult or to make it impossible to group. We simply wanted those encounters to be more interesting than 1. Defeat Monster, 2. Collect Loot. Each of the we changed bosses had a twist on normal combat, or required a specific strategy to be employed, like a puzzle. 

Rest assured, we have heard your displeasure, and we will re-visit the boss fights very soon.

Cyrus Drake 
Professor of Myth 
Ravenwood School of Magical Arts 
En Magus Nos Fides

6 comments:

Elijah Stormheart said...

I hope they fix Malistaire. Me and a few of my friends tried to beat him today, but we got epically owned. >_<

Malistaire can keep the 100,000,000 health, but they need to get rid of that 1 pip Meteor Strike, and what I discovered, the 2 pip Scarecrow! O_o

Though, I like the idea of Sylvia Drake coming in and helping. But her Weaknesses she constantly casts actually BOOSTS Malistaire's Meteor Strike! They need to fix that, too...

So basically, Malistaire is buggy. (I can imagine him in a bug shell... lol. :P) So they need to fix him. MAJORLY.

Stingite said...

I have two strategies I want to try with Malistaire...if I could just find some time to actually play.

Amber StarGem said...

too bad. The jade oni summoning all the oni's with him was fun. :(

Lyssie Silverheart said...

Did elijah sirusly say 100,000,000 health shure it wasn't a typo?!! (Please say yes)

Anonymous said...

actually i think its 100,000. might be fun if it was 100,000,000 but yeah :)

Tesh said...

As I noted over at Tipa's place, I'm all for the OPTION of having more puzzle-like fights, but I'd have preferred it if they had both the puzzle fights and the normal "boot and loot" fights, and let the players choose which they wanted to do.