I started crafting a TCG for Wizard101 a few months ago. You may have noticed all those Player Trading Card posts. Anyway, I've been so busy that I haven't yet been able to finish the advanced version of this game and I also haven't been able to video an example of me playing this game with my family yet.
I'm basically looking for a few more players to step up, namely:
4 Myth Wizards
2 Life Wizards
2 Storm Wizards
3 Fire Wizards
2 Ice Wizards
So if you would like to be a part of this, let me know! I'm more than happy to make you a card if you're a balance or death wizard just for fun, but if you happen to be one of those listed classes, I'd be MORE THAN more than happy to make you a card. :-)
Leave a note here and let me know how I can contact you to get a card made. If you left a note on a previous thread, and I missed it . . . please leave me another note and hopefully you won't be missed this time around. And if I did miss you, my apologies . . . I've had a lot of my mind lately. ;-)
Now, on to the game.
The basic card game can be played with a simple deck of cards, which will be replaced with actual cards once I make a sheet for you to print out (this is going to be a free game that I hope you will be able to just print out and play). You’ll need two decks of cards to play.
The first thing you need to do is separate your cards into two piles and get a piece of scratch paper.
Put the Ace and the 2-7 cards of all suits into one pile. Put the rest of the cards (8-Queen) into another pile.
The Ace through Seven cards will be your “player cards.”
The Eight through Queen cards will be your “monster cards.”
Shuffle both decks separately.
You and your opponent now decide how many rounds you’re going to play (3, 5, or 7).
Make two columns (one for each player) on the scratch paper. Since in the basic game each side begins with 2,000 health, write 2,000 on the top of each column under the player’s name.
Flip a coin to see who goes first at the beginning of each round.
Each side draws their “team” of four cards from the player cards and puts them down face up in front of them. If any Balance cards are drawn, the player must declare what class that balance player will be playing as (death, life, myth, fire, storm, or ice). In other words, Aces are wild.
The person going first draws one card from the top of their monster card deck.
The effect of this card will vary based on the make up of their team of player cards. Effects of the monster cards will be as follows:
If the card drawn has no corresponding player cards of that class, the damage to the other team will be: 200 points
1 of the same class: 400
2 of the same class: 800
3 of the same class: 1600
4 of the same class: 2000
Cards are played until one side’s health drops below 0.
• Player A draws their team and this round it will be made up of one life, one death, one storm, and one fire wizard.
• Player B draws their team and this round it will be made up of one death, one ice, one myth, and one balance wizard. Player B declares their balance wizard will be playing as a death wizard, making Player B’s hand to have two death wizards, one ice wizard, and one myth wizard.
• A coin is flipped and Player A will be going first this round.
• Player A pulls a myth monster card. Since there are no myth wizards in Player A’s deck, the other team only takes 200 damage. Player B’s life total is now 1,800 life.
• Player B pulls a death monster card. This will do 800 damage to player A since player B has a death wizard and a balance wizard playing as a death wizard (good draw!). Player A’s life total is now 1,200 life.
• Player A pulls a life monster card. This does 400 damage to Player B. Player B’s life total is now 1,200.
• Player B pulls a fire monster card. This does 200 damage to Player A. Player A’s life total is now 1,000.
• Player A pulls another life monster card. This does 400 damage to Player B. Player B’s life total is now 800.
• Player B pulls a storm monster card. This does 200 damage to Player A. Player A’s life total is now 800.
• Player A pulls a fire monster card. This does 400 damage to Player B. Player B’s life total is now 400.
• Player B pulls a life card. This does 200 damage to player A. Player A’s life total is now 600.
• Player A pulls an ice card. This does 200 damage to Player B. Player B’s life total is now 200.
• Player B pulls another death card and seals the deal. Player A’s life total is now -200.
• Player B wins round 1.
Player A.......Player B
Player A and Player B set their used player cards and monster cards aside and draw four more player cards for the next round. Best of 3,5, or 7 rounds wins!
That is the basic game. The advanced game will add additional effects of the player cards (such as life player cards will grant the team a bonus of 100 health per round or ice player cards will half the damage of all attacks, etc.) and will allow focused attacks to take out player trading cards one at a time.
Let me know if you can follow those instructions or not and if you play this, let me know if you had fun! This is the first card game I've ever tried to make.
(hmm, maybe I'll make an instructional video soon).
Gameplay Video – Ditto Plays HearthStone Ranked Play
17 hours ago