Friday, April 3, 2009

SCARECROW CRAZY!

Ok, so after loading up the test server, I promptly pranced to Dworgyn, the death professor, in Nightside. He was super excited to give me a quest for my level 48 spell, Scarecrow.

SPOILER! SPOILER! SPOILER! SPOILER! SPOILER! SPOILER! SPOILER! SPOILER! SPOILER! SPOILER! SPOILER! SPOILER! SPOILER! SPOILER! SPOILER! SPOILER! SPOILER! SPOILER! SPOILER! SPOILER! SPOILER!

Sorry about that, but seriously, no more reading if you don't want to spoil it for yourself. Things about this quest are destined to change since it's on the test server and is not live yet.

Step 1: Go talk to Dworgyn.





Step 2: Go talk to Dimitri in the Labryinth and listening to him tell a spooky story about how you don't want to splash any of this liquid on you or it's pretty much nightmares for the rest of your life.



Step 3: Go fetch the Quintessence of Fear in the Necropolis. This was actually easier than it should have been. I put in a bug report on it since the mobs don't attack you when you go get the Quintessence. Sorry about that to the people who just like to skip past the hard stuff.



Step 4: Run the Quintessence of Fear back to Dworgyn.

Step 5: Now go fetch the seed of Destruction from Kagemoosha in the Tree of Life instance in Moo Shu. Kagemoosha is the boss right before the death oni in the instance. So you'll have a fight or two before you get to Kagemoosha.



Step 6: Run back to Dworgyn. Dworgyn then requests that you gather some sticks from Mortis, the death tree, and some sackcloth from Gloria Krendall. Mortis shakes a few twigs down for you, and Gloria just hands over the sackcloth, while wondering why the heck you would want to wear something so scratchy. You explain it's not for me, crazy, it's for my scarecrow doll! Yup, you make a scarecrow doll. How very gothic of you.



Step 7: Run back to Dworgyn. Dworgyn then says, yo, go put this nifty doll you just made into the ground near Nightshade's castle and stand back for the fireworks! Now I want you to look really closely at the quest reward in the graphic below. Notice anything that is SUPER special about finishing this quest? Maybe a pig with wings icon? I thought so. I really hope this reward happens still when the quest goes live.



Step 8: Run your little wizard shoes down to the Haunted cave and plop yourself in the dead grassy area right before Nightshade's castle. When you find that right spot there, boom . . . the scarecrow essence pops up and tells you WTG!



Step 9: Run back to Dworgyn one last time and collect your rewards! A wraith pet, a scarecrow card, a clump of exp (if you're not 50 like moi), some cash, and I believe I even got a badge for doing that . . . but I was so excited about the wraith pet (which comes complete with a blue wraith card), I didn't pay attention. SORRY. I should go back and look. *time passes* ok, yup, it looks like "master of death" is the badge you get. nice.







Step 10: Equip the spell in your deck and run into the sunken city and suck the life out of everything you see with your new spell.




Happy Dueling!

7 comments:

Isaiah Spelldust said...

thats an awesome move! lol

Michael said...

Man. I so wish that my character had been death at the beginning of the game. It would take way too long to get to that level by creating a new character, so I guess I'm just gonna have to go three more levels up on my myth. :(

Stingite said...

@Isaish It's seriously fun. blade's just became that much more important to me.

@Michael Orthrus beats all of them in coolness hands down. The dark clouds swirling as he digs his way up from the ground. Just a really cool looking spell.

Michael said...

Ok. Thanks for your opinion!
I'm also psyched to see what pet we get, or if each school gets a pet. I'm guessing it does. And btw, if you have a friend that is a high level myth that can learn orthrus, ask him if he can tell you what myth gets. Thanks. I appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

LONG GONE SCREENIES FINALLY UP ON MY BEE LOG!
www.auto-magic.blogspot.com

Isaiah Spelldust said...

i got that as a treasure card when fighting jade oni. I thought that I would use it on Ideyoshi. :)

destiny deathgem said...

oh wow! i just knew today that you posted this on my birthday :D and i love the scarecrow!(but i knew i loved the scarecrow long before)
wow...
btw its me :D
the one who asked bout the deaf mute stuff lol