Thursday, May 13, 2010

You Can't Touch This--New Beckett's

'Cause it's hammer time!


I just redeemed that Galvanic Hammer from my recent issue of the Beckett's Massive Online Gamer magazine. Ouch ouch! This issue is HOT! IT BURNS!

Why?

I'm in it. It's an honor!


Yup, Page 76 near the back, I'm there lookin' fancy with Mr. Brandy and the traditional Friendly Garb.

The interview was conducted by none other than the amazing Stephanie Morrow, Beckett's top-notch Wizard101 writer. Well, she's top notch in a lot of things actually. I gab a lot of random stuff in this interview, everything from Pong to writing to Twitter to Barney to fan sites. I GOTS THE RANDOMS! It's pretty wild to be in the magazine again! Pretty amazing, actually! Wait, did you say "again" friendly? yup. This is number 2 for me! I may have to end up getting this one put in a shadowbox like the last one.

I took the magazine to work and showed it off today. So fun.

I also dropped it in front of nanamancer tonight when she paid us a visit, and she seemed very confused by it all. LOL. She asked me if I knew this Stephen and Leesha and Lisa (also interviewed in the article). hehe. YUP! It's really cool to be in there with such hot sauce community leaders. Y'all rock.

And while I'm at it, let me just say THANK YOU to the Wizard101 community at large. You guys rock. Stuff like this wouldn't have been possible if y'all weren't such great readers and fans of Wizard101. I feed off your excitement and truly love this subject matter.

Oh yeah, one more thing: that hammer up there, in case you're wondering, it swings like a sword (no pip boost) and does the standard 75 myth damage . . . pretty standard fare at this point, BUT that Celestia look is AWESOME! Right? Right.

Happy Dueling!

16 comments:

Wolf Winterstaff said...

Congrats! And you also do your part for the community, by posting so often for our benefit! Wizard101 has the best community I've seen on any MMO, bar none.

Sierra Starsong said...

Congrats on the article, Dude!

Is it just me, or does that hammer look like a bank drive-thru cylinder on a stick?

Jacob Thundersword said...

Congrats, it's such a honor to be in the magazine.

You should of known you were that big of a blogger to be in the mag.

-Jacob Thundersword

Anonymous said...

totally going to buy that issue :D

Peter Venuti said...

Friendly, I feel my feelings are best expressed in note form:

Friendly,
I feel very happy for you that you got into the mag. Way to go! I really wish I could be as great and awesome as you. Maybe my blog'll hit big one day. Anyway, You have the best information and, for the most part (lol), have some of the best opinions. You're super funny (including that picture of you...well, I'm assuming that picture was of real you, and I found your expression hilarious). Once again, congrats!!!!
-P.D.

Peter Venuti said...

P.S: Did anyone ever tell you that you look like Brendon Frasier?

witchwarrior said...

GO FRIENDLY! WOOT!
(btw, Bailey said on the blog i was also in it. is that true?)

Kevin BattleBlood said...

@ Luke Goldhorn: You know what, I think you're onto something. He does like to transform into "The Mummy"...one too many field trips, if you ask me. ;)

Congrats, Friendly!! Persistence and passion!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations again! I had a blast interviewing various members of the Wizard101 community. Such a great bunch of people!

Paige MoonShade said...

Congrats friendly

Tesh said...

Nice. :) Congratulations! It's good to see companies appreciate their fans.

Unknown said...

WOOT Congratz my Friend, Go to see you showing it off at Work, make them wish they were you :)

Quick Note for you, I have a big question for you, and I need some of you pull with KI! Please check you Email as soon as you can.

Edward - Wiz Pet Master

Fatal Exception said...

Gratz, Friendly! If that's you holding tha magazine, anyone ever told you you look like Damon from 'The Vampire Diaries'?

Amber G. said...

:O! You cut your hair! I remember the video you made a long time ago and you had long hair! But, congratz Friendly! :)

L. R. Jonté said...

WOO! I had no idea this was out! MUST GET A COPY!

The Ravenhunter said...

Woot! Congratz!


P.S. Did you just take a shower or did yo just get in from the gym?