Wednesday, May 5, 2010

FOOD! nom nom nom

One of the coolest things about this expansion has to be all the new food in the game. What's also amazing to me is the sheer amount of different foods they put in as well. You can craft food, you can buy food from the west end girls, you can earn food in battles, and you can even now buy a snack card pack from the crowns shop. I bought quite a few of these. Check out all the the different snacks I got:






Food seemed to be dropping left and right in battles for me. Lady Blackhope netted me a chocolate strawberry!

Food is probably one of the most important parts of the mini-game, in fact, you NEVER want to play a mini-game without some food to feed your pet afterwards, depending on the food, it may give your pet more experience than the actual game, especially if your pet likes that particular snack.


Of course, you *can* feed your pet food that they don't like and they'll eat it. It may take some coercing like Ernie did here. But when push comes to shove, it's all about their favorite foods



Be sure to seek out all the food recipe vendors in the spiral if you're a crafting type. You can get some excellent (and hilarious) food for your pet this way. Check out the Grizzleheim and Dragonspyre food recipes below:



I love that Frosted Drakes Cereal takes a frost beetle to make it. haha!

So go out and discover all the joys of food in the test realm! I especially dig this part of the expansion, KI! Nicely done!

Happy Dueling!

6 comments:

M.W.S said...

I WANT COOKIE! And stinky cheese honestly (who cut the cheese?!) lol...

Fatal Exception said...

Great post, Friendly! With your pictures, I *finally* noticed the school symbols on each food type. Does this correlate with what a pet is likely to "like"?

Heather Emeraldflame said...

@Autumn: From what I saw, yes the symbols do matter as to what pet will like them. The problem with it is it forces some pets to only gain certain abilities while really lacking in others becasue they don't gain as much from foods that are not their "type."

I took my storm hound from baby to teen using mostly Taffy and Starfruit...and both of those foods are Storm types.Dakota gained some interesting skills when he got to teen. Still not the best, but a nice little addition if I chose to have him equipped; extra Storm resistance, and a Musical Lane skill for the Derby.

On the crafting part of this: you know I love to craft, but this is more like "cooking." And really I couldn't care less about it. Let me craft their pet houses...or how about that really cool fish aquarium like they have there in one of the shops?

I was really hoping to see more actual housing item recipes in the future expansions.

If I am going to waste my time and effort making cards it won't be for food that will be gone in a second. I'd rather craft treasures for battle...much more useful.

Alric Ravensinger said...

@ Autumnal dusk I can somewhat correlate to what your pet likes best my storm hound loves his Storm snacks especially Taffy but also likes eating Dragon fruit and also remember when a pet loves or likes a snack his Power increases by 1 as well.

MichaelOwleyes said...

lol ME WANT YUMMY CARROT... AND COOKIES FOR DESERT

Sierra Starsong said...

Just remember, Honey Tombs are a "sometimes" food...