Saturday, February 13, 2010

Why does the storm minion taunt?

Question from Dustin over at Wizard101 info:
Hiya, Thomas (seems like everyone calls you Friendly and not Thomas, your characters name... ;)). Love TFN. You rock. ROCK ON. I've gotta question about the Taunt Spell. I'm a GrandMaster Diviner, and I've never had use for the Storm Minion card. All it does is put Elemental Shields on itself, and Taunts the enemy. But what does Taunt do? Does it make the Minion worth using? I wanna like the Storm Minion, so what's the deal with how it uses Taunt?

I much prefer the name Friendly over most of the alternatives (like egomaniac), so it's all good.

I have a very good example of how the Storm Minion can help a GM Diviner. Here's a video I took of me farming Valerik.



So, the taunt from the storm minion saved me three hits there. In fact, the storm minion is probably one of the better helpers out there because the storm minion doesn't blow your traps as often as some of the other minions. For instance, If I was a life wizard, I'd use the life minion every single time because it's such a great help except for one little spell that my little pixie friend uses: imp. So much for stacking traps for damage . . .

For a more detailed discussion on taunt, check out this question I answered a while back. It might help unravel the mystery.

(oh, btw, I can kill Valerik in three rounds when I duo with Thomas and Kyle and use Thomas to feint and curse . . . so I'm not going to use the minion in every instance . . . this was just an example)

Happy Dueling!

9 comments:

Fred Firepants said...

-.-" You forgot to tell him what Taunt does...

Stingite said...

well, I demonstrated it in the video and gave a link to a thread where I already talked about what taunt does . . .

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for explaining it. This is really gonna help me.

Stingite said...

you're welcome! Glad it helped! :-)

Xinaed said...

I use my storm minion every chance I get. It has saved my life countless times. I would suggest trying to use it in mob battles and learn how it works.

M.W.S said...

Oh, why the heck is it using a balance shield? Why Friendly why not one of its own I saw this recently in-game awhile...

KI, srsly has to do some work because ice minions summoning fire spells. And a myth minion using donate power (balance) ugh...

M.W.S said...

Also I saw it about to cast an life absorb spell too sigh... And all the elemental shields it could get... Plus the boss you were fighting it looked like he was putting up the finger when he or a similar creature dies.

Have you not noticed this?!

Unknown said...

@MWS


what about death minions huh? they use taunts they use balance stuff

M.W.S said...

@rocksmexico145:

Hmm, still every school minion SHOULD refer to their freakin school spells!