Thursday, February 11, 2010

What spell is hardest hitting and is there a free player limit?

Donna Stronghold has a couple of questions for me:
Daer Friendly, I have two questions.
1. What spell (not including damage per pip or damage over time) does the most maximum damage (without blades)?
2.Is there a Free Player level limit?
Thanks for taking the time to read this. From Donna Stronghand.
ok, cool . . . let's see

1. Ok, so the big spells are out then, eh? Dang. No tempest, no judgement, no stormhound, no heckhound, no firedragon: none of the really good stuff. hmmm . . . OH YEAH, this is something that's frowned upon heavily in PvP: Wildbolt. The reason why you don't see a lot of people use this card in PvE is that it only has a 10% chance of working. So, what a lot of people do is apply accuracy treasure cards to wildbolt, wear accuracy boosting clothes, and put up accuracy boosting spells to give them a better chance of hitting with wildbolt. Outside of that? Triton I do believe. Storm wizards are all about the big damage and low hitpoints. It's just a trade-off they have to make.

2. No there is no limit there. The problem is that it gets increasingly difficult to level in the free game past level 10. However, a lot of people will subscribe for a month or two to level their characters and then unsubscribe. You can still play the free game as a high level character . . . it's just that once your subscription runs out, you're limited to the areas you purchased with crowns or the areas of Wizard City that are free.

Hope that helps!

Happy Dueling!

6 comments:

Destiny StormStone said...

lol one time I tried wild bolt with no accuracy buffs, and it didnt fizzle :P
O and I have a freind who reached level 18 as a free player

The Ravenhunter said...

Friendly, a few things;

1. I have reached level 13 without anything bought and level 18 with all of Wizard City bought (both on my Ice wizard).

2. I believe that that THE highest damage in the game without blades or "x" rank spells, is a Monstroused Wild Bolt.

3. Why haven't you replied to my emails?

4. Why did you make a player trading card for someone when I emailed you with stuff for 4 characters? Not trying to sound mean, but I just think it's ironic.


P.S. One mor thing that's ironic, my friend had a bad cough but she's allergic to cough drops. I'm just confused on that one.

Stingite said...

@destiny: Kyle's done that too! hehe. Level 18 is great for free play!

@Grayson: 1- Yeah, I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just saying that it gets more difficult after level 10.

2- Well, yeah, wild bolt . . . wild bolt with a monsterous card . . . I hope most people got what I was saying.

3- I have plenty of excuses actually *points to three kids and wife*

4- Well, it is IcyWiz's birthday after all . . . besides, didn't I already make you a card for your character? I've skipped over a lot of people asking for cards actually because of all my excuses *points to three kids and a wife*

You should give it a go, Grayson!http://bighugelabs.com/deck.php

Unknown said...

um PvE? never heard of it i'm guessing that it was sopposed to be PvP

Stingite said...

PvE = Player versus Environment . . . it's a pretty standard gamer term: http://internetgames.about.com/od/glossary/g/pve.htm

SorionHex said...

Not standard enough it seems... xD I always thought it was Player vs. Enemy X.x